SAU Community

Rolls's R32 In The Processing Of Fitting A Neo 25!

Turns out it was something else in combination with the vibration, had the wrong gasket between the two halves of the intake manifold, the two middle cylinders had gasket holes larger than the actual intakes, was leaking quite badly making the middle two cylinders run really rich. Car has more power everywhere and boost jumped from 16psi to 19psi just changing that. I've since fiddled with the boost controller and got it back down to about 16-17psi in case it was reaching new load points that were too lean etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD NEWS

Took some videos of how it the motor is running now, tune is pretty shit and needs new diff and tyres as it is wheelspinning a lot, gives an idea of how crazily responsive it is though! cheesy.gif

BAD NEWS

Some bad news, a dodly old 75yr old merged into me on south road last weekend, smashed the front left light, quarter, front bar, scratched up the rim and scratched the rear quarter. Was cruising along at 60 in the left hand lane and she pulled out in front of me, I quickly merged into the right hand lane to avoid her and she continued merging straight into me! Luckily insurance will cover it all with $0 excess as it was 100% her fault, I'm thinking I might ask the repair company to price up a GTR front bar and I will pay the difference so I get something out of this.

img20110924120949.jpg

Youre having about as much luck as I did with my 33.

Time to buy a Toyota ;)

Such is life, luck doesn't change for any reason, it is just how life plays out.

I'm still getting immense enjoyment out of it when it drives so it will stay :)

• 2 weeks later...

..and defected to top it off, for get this a TURBO TIMER which I don't even have, he mistook my boost controller, so still have to take it out.

Booked in for monday to see what list of stuff they give me as no doubt they will fail me the first time.

painted the fuel reg and rail matte black, made a mount for my pod, removed the boost controller and put the stockies on.

Thinking I might relocate the fuel reg under the manifold, should be easy enough to do, will make things much easier if I don't have to go buy a new rail + injectors + retune.

Its a fantastic swap, night and day between the rb20 and the rb25 with VCT

its a series 2 awd neorb25det manual stagea motor with 85000kms on it :D put a deposit down cant wait hey. gonna clean it up polish and paint some stuff, do the timing belt and cam gears whilst its out of the car. install it, freshen up the brakes then hopefully get it over the pits, then i can start modding. i dont plan on opening the engine except for cams so most of the mods i wanna do i can do with engine in the car.

Edited by RBish

did you have many issues wiring the rpm & roadspeed signals to the cluster

I used an rb20det computer with a nistune to run it, all R33 intake etc and then just rewired the CAS and cut the ignitor out the loom and use the neo coils. No dash wiring needed.

imo nistune is as good as powerfc and it will pass an inspection, no need to go powerfc, it is great at what it does but it is old tech, could get something better for the money. the r34 ecu with nistune is better than rb20 as it has boost control, temperature ignition trim and some other fancy stuff, more than you will ever need on a street car. I highly recommend you go that way.

• 1 month later...

hey mate sweet ride hopefully you will have a good run with it now after all the bad luck ;)

I have a r32 sedan with a rb25 neo in it using a r34 ecu with a nistune... does your coolant temp gauge in the cluster work?

mine doesnt work and I'd like to try and make it work before putting a after market temp gauge in.

any help would be much appreciated :)

• 3 months later...

Ok so finally got off my ass and got most of the work done on the, figured regency would wise up to my dodgy painted rail so pull it all out. Got a stock rail, some deatchwerks 740cc injectors, painted them stock colour, hacked up my loom to get rid of the resistor pack and wire the stock plugs back on.

Certainly a lot neater now without the resistor pack, boostworx just twisted all the cables and taped everything so it was pretty dodgy before, used proper heat shrink crimps this time round and now it looks stock as a rock.

Got a green sticker for the AFM, bolted the pod down properly.

Putting the injectors in was a total prick as I didn't remove the crossover pipe or the TB, took about 2 hours of twisting and f**king around with the rail fouling on everything to get it in there, had to be super careful to not bust the pintle caps when it wanted to foul. Putting the orings in with all the cables and everything there is a bit of a prick as well, managed to wedge a plug between the rail and the intake the first time round, unbolted it and pulled the rail out, then pinched two orings, out again, managed to pinch a different plug, then another f**king oring, finally got it all in properly and had to recrimp a plug whilst in the valley.

Now that all that is done time to get a tune, not long hopefully.

hhahah man why didnt you take the TB and piping out... FUUUU. im picking my injector orings up tomorrow, i could probably re use the old ones but i want to be sure i dont get a fuel leak or fire. still cant believe the snapped cam.

@ sifty 33 why dont you check the sensor and the circuit then go from there. im going to be using a 34 loom and ecu, my friend is rewiring the plugs i need off the 32 loom into the 34 loom to suit. im not keen on doing the wiring as ive never wired anything before and i dont want to start with somethings thats already been messed with, plus i need the car asap, if it wasnt my daily i would rip all the wiring out and start with a new ecu and re do it all :D

hhahah man why didnt you take the TB and piping out... FUUUU.

Last time I removed it I sheared two of the bolts off when cracking them with the ratchet, In hindsight drilling them out would be less work than f**king around putting the rail on with everything still there.

Regardless I think I will just pay someone next time, with the time it takes and the pain in the ass factor it just isn't worth it.

Edited by Rolls