SAU Community

Better Flowing Intercooler For Rb25 In R32

Hi all.

Don't really post in here often but for some info on my car, HERE is the link to my circuit car build.

I need some advice on a cooler that suit my needs.

The cooler that I currently have is a PWR and it served me well with a 230kw RB20 setup however now I have a T4 twin scroll GTX3076 turbo on an RB25 and it's struggling to keep up. We were expecting to get up around 280-300rwkw's but couldn't get any more than ~260kw out of it.

I wanted to use a Greddy LS cooler but it too long and will foul with my oil cooler box and all the piping is made custom to suit the PWR cooler. Since there is only a bit of movement with piping I need a better flowing cooler that isn't too wide.

The width of the PWR is 720mm from end to end (the very ends).

I've looked at this Blitz kit from just jap LINK and it is 805mm wide (end to end) so should be able to fit it. Down side is that I need to buy the whole kit and I don't need piping.

Does anybody know if this will support flow up to 300kw or even more?

What other options are there that i haven't thought of?

Oh.. And superlap is in 2 weeks so I would like to get it sorted sooner rather than later... lol

thanks

Russ

Here are some photos before the oil cooler box was build. Just for reference. I'll get some pics of oil cooler box later.

post-10715-0-76185200-1311135305_thumb.jpgpost-10715-0-52370200-1311135316_thumb.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard cooler?

People have made 400+ rwkw's with them. I did 302.8 rwkw with them on my old GTR, pretty sure it's suitable for you.

But you may want to re-do the cooler piping as the end tanks of GTR cooler is bent (I'm sure you've seen one).

Standard cooler?

People have made 400+ rwkw's with them. I did 302.8 rwkw with them on my old GTR, pretty sure it's suitable for you.

But you may want to re-do the cooler piping as the end tanks of GTR cooler is bent (I'm sure you've seen one).

Yeah don't really wanna go GTR cooler. I know it would do the job but I'm wanting something smaller and less laggy.

What size is the PWR?

Stock GTR core is 600x300x70 can measure ends to ends for you if want.

I thought you'd have no problems with PWR being they're decent than chinese ones.

Look @ RB25 dyno results thread to find out what sort of intercooler have achieved 300rwkw and go from there?

I thought you'd have no problems with PWR being they're decent than chinese ones.

It's nowhere near as deep but it's 600 wide and prob height of 280?

From what I understand the PWR is very efficient with cooling but not as good for flow. Flow is what is causing our restriction...

+1

Have you asked Just Jap and see if they'll sell you just the core?

Or ask Otomoto for KKR FMIC? I'm sure these guys should have one in range of sizes.

Just Jap has every size and shape Intercooler known to man.

Just Jap has every size and shape Intercooler known to man.

Maybe I need to ask nicely...

edit: just spoke to them. Nothing that isn't in a kit or any better suited. I think the blitz one will work and I'd just sell off the piping kit.

Have you tested flow yet Russ?

Turbo outlet and then near the t/b?

You might be able to use a xr6 core from Nizpro, they might suit, you'd have to call but they make 350-400 through em and are a different shape.

No flow test yet but realistically it's the only thing that hasn't been proven on other setups so it has to be the cooler.

Not going to go chinese. I want something proven to work.

As Ash said, I would test it. The intercooler does not look too small for that power plus its a good brand.

What result would I expect? What cfm would it need to flow for say 300kw on an RB25?

I think the flow restriction is actually in the design, not only dependant on size. looking at the end tanks they don't look like they would flow evenly top to bottom...