SAU Community

I'm Confused About The Surge Tank Setup

Not much. Let me put it another way. You need about a 400°C temperature difference between surfaces to get a decent amount of radiative heat transfer between them. The exhaust can and will easily get to that temperature, but crawlign along in traffic it won't ever get to the higher temperatures....it will just crawl along at <400°C.

If you are at all concerned, simply put some radiation shielding in between.

I'm mostly running the surge tank because of the poor design of the V36 coupe's OEM tank, had a lot of fuel starvation under hard cornering and in high boost at times. I'm running a 6266 turbo and want to ensure enough fuel delivery and leave some room for future needs.

Thanks for the assurance mate! I will do that.

I'm building a custom 4L tank fed by an intank Aeromotive 340LPH that feeds two 044's, should be enough I believe.

Way to use 30 year old technology. Ditch the 044's and run a decent single pump, there are plenty of good quality examples around. If you get one with built in PWM speed control you can run it at reduced speed at cruise and control it with a load map from the ecu like I am planning. That way the fuel won't overheat.

http://fuelab.com/products/race/prodigy-fuel-pumps/item/42401_prodigy_fuel_pump_high_pressure_efi_in_line/

That is the pump I bought, hopefully up to the task. I want to run 100+psi pressure.

• Like 1