Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Its Time To Track My Gtr

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
  • Car(s):2010 R35 white
Ive done plenty of track work in my previous cars but zero with the GTR.

I currently have the Willal y-pipe/cat back + Willal tune.

Looking at an 18 or 19in wheel and tyre combo and rotors/pads.

Question is what size/offset wheels and tyre size suits and advice on rotors and pads.

Budget would be $8-10K for the lot.

I know I will go faster on slicks but would rather go with an "R" spec tyre (dont really want to smoke 4 x $800 slicks for one track day)

Will be doing recreational track days and the occasional supersprint

Kev

Edited by Speedah, 27 June 2011 - 10:21 PM.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

• Car(s):Multiple Silvia orgasms
Sling me 10k and I'll give you some tires to smoke

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Get a commodore mate. Because nothing is quicker then a P plater in a commodore. Except for maybe a P plater on a dragon....

But all hurricanes or 'perfect storms' were referred to as "SHEs" :woot: Give you 1 guess why! :rofl:

because when the arrive they are wet and wild, and once they are gone you've got no house or car

• Car(s):R35, Patrol
I have a set of brand new ccw wheels in 18 inch with same offsets all round. Mounted on re55 rubber, new. Offsets allow wheel rotation. Perfect package except for me as I have widebody kit now and John from ccw screwed up my order. pm if interested.

As for rotors go for ap racing slotted and endless mx72 pads for street/track combo.

All up this type of setup is around 10k

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

Inject water into your brakes if you want to save money. Tyres, pads, then discs will be your wear items in that order :)

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

• Car(s):GMG R35
If i was starting again with (with tracking a GTR) the first thing i would do is immediately get some used michelin 270/68/18" slicks and a set of enkie GTC-01 (18x10x22). The wheels are pretty cheap (about $2k a set) you can swap them front to back, and the 2nd hand race slicks are generally about $50ea. This tyre/wheel combo will literally transform the car and will easily be seconds faster that any street tyre. From there i would get some AP rotors and perhaps MX72's like mark says, they are a great street/track compromise pad. Combine that with a exhaust and tune, and you're going to be 95% as fast as you will ever go in the car (assuming you want to leave it a rego'd car).

Edited by LSX-438, 28 June 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

If i was starting again with (with tracking a GTR) the first thing i would do is immediately get some used michelin 270/68/18" slicks and a set of enkie GTC-01 (18x10x22). The wheels are pretty cheap (about $2k a set) you can swap them front to back, and the 2nd hand race slicks are generally about $50ea. This tyre/wheel combo will literally transform the car and will easily be seconds faster that any street tyre. From there i would get some AP rotors and perhaps MX72's like mark says, they are a great street/track compromise pad. Combine that with a exhaust and tune, and you're going to be 95% as fast as you will ever go in the car (assuming you want to leave it a rego'd car).

Sounds good...where do you source the slicks from?
Does the stock suspension work Ok with slicks?

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

• Car(s):GMG R35

Sounds good...where do you source the slicks from?
Does the stock suspension work Ok with slicks?

Are you in Sydney? I might have some spare 2nd hand slicks.

Slicks work fine with stocker suspension.

However if you want hardcore suspension, i will be selling my JRZ's soon (putting stockers back in).

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Are you in Sydney? I might have some spare 2nd hand slicks.

Slicks work fine with stocker suspension.

However if you want hardcore suspension, i will be selling my JRZ's soon (putting stockers back in).

Im in Wollongong

PM me your phone number and we can talk tomorrow

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Ok...thanks to the great advice from members of this forum I have sourced the following for my GTR

AP J Hook rotors (Front and rear)
Endless MX72 pads (front and rear)
Goodridge braided brake lines
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Enkie GTC-01 18 x 10 wheels
Project mu wheel nuts
some pre-loved Michelin S9 slicks

Posted Image

rotors fitted
Posted Image

you dont realise how big the rotors are until you have one in your hands
Posted Image

Michelin S9 slicks and Enkie wheels
Posted Image

going to Wakefield next week to get a feel for the car then to Eastern Creek on the 28th Aug for a Porsche Club super sprint..cant wait

Also looking at this...can anyone recommend a something similair

http://www.videovbox...w=article&id=49

Edited by Speedah, 26 July 2011 - 07:35 PM.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

• Interests:Stuff
looks good!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Went to Wakefield today and did a best of 1.04.10

The traffic was very heavy (slow) in the "street car" class and a clean lap was almost impossible.

Really wanted a 1.03 but wasnt to be

For some reason the SD card in my Performance Box has zero data on it :-( __________________

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

• Car(s):32 & 34R, E7, Sil80, Tow

Also looking at this...can anyone recommend a something similair

http://www.videovbox...w=article&id=49

I have the vbox lite in my r34. Its great in every way except the video is not HD! There are a few cheaper GPS camera setups with HD that you can do the graphics with - check the motorsport section, motorsport cameras thread.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

*** THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT USE A DAILY OUTPUT PURE PROPER PART REALLY. ***
Thank you too Nissan FAST

• g35me
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Car(s):R35 GTR

Went to Wakefield today and did a best of 1.04.10

The traffic was very heavy (slow) in the "street car" class and a clean lap was almost impossible.

Really wanted a 1.03 but wasnt to be

For some reason the SD card in my Performance Box has zero data on it :-( __________________

Hey buddy did you see a White/Black R35 flash their lights to you on the road out of wakefield last weekend?

Posted Image

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

• Car(s):JDM
that's a desktop quality pic B

love it

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

2010 R35 GTR - 475awkw WR600 turbos, FBO E85, ported manifold, Dodson Super Stock built trans and tuned by Willall Racing
2012 Evo X MR - 300awkw 712GTP turbo, GSC cams, FBO E85 Dodson Clubman built trans by RTR, tuned by Beeble

Hey buddy did you see a White/Black R35 flash their lights to you on the road out of wakefield last weekend?

Posted Image

Yes, I did wave/flash back.

Did you go to Wakefield?

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

• g35me
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Car(s):R35 GTR
Yep, went there for the afternoon with a few others. I had a great time it would have been good to catch up.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users