SAU Community

Tomei Arms M7655 On Rb26

Just wondering if anyone has seen these turbos on the dyno or have been in a gtr with these turbos thinking of upgrading to them!!!!!

Just seems like a better option than a 5 or 6 yr old out of date turbos

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot give specifics, yet a friend with an R34 GTR seemed to get very mediocre results from them.. As do the evo community.

Personally I would stick to the known road with this car, RB26 has been done to death.

bought them off an american site paid 2950 included post full kit....\

um i also just bought and getting fitted

700 cc sard injectors

tomei full pump

apexi djetro ecu getting rid of air sensors coz there on there way out just a cheaper solution...

hks cam gears

tomei pon cams type B

full custom 3.5 inch exhaust

tomei bellbouth dumps

nismo fuel reg

standard internals

fair standard upgrades needed for the turbos recommended by tomei on their site...

theres a standard r34 gtr in japan with standard internals just these basic upgrades that are needed pushing 500hp with these turbos

bought them off an american site paid 2950 included post full kit....\

um i also just bought and getting fitted

700 cc sard injectors

tomei full pump

apexi djetro ecu getting rid of air sensors coz there on there way out just a cheaper solution...

hks cam gears

tomei pon cams type B

full custom 3.5 inch exhaust

tomei bellbouth dumps

nismo fuel reg

standard internals

fair standard upgrades needed for the turbos recommended by tomei on their site...

theres a standard r34 gtr in japan with standard internals just these basic upgrades that are needed pushing 500hp with these turbos

did u have to pay any import taxes/ duty? what was the site?

I'm planning on using this kit along with vipec engine managment , 700cc sard injectors, tomei steel head gasket & walbro 255 fuesl pump!

between 400-500 awhp would be nice, not too fussed with numbers, as long as it will run a mid 12 on street tyres & i'll be happy!!!

U got ur turbos yet? mine are in the post somewhere between here & there lol

Edited by tufftruckin

should do that easily. a stock GTR with just exhaust, boost and a tune (250kw) will run low 12s on stock turbos. stagea is a bit heavier but with aftermarket turbos it should be more like low 12s or 11s.

id have to agree with GTScotT, i remember one gtr with twin tomei turbos and it looked horribly laggy (5.5k) for the 350kw or so it made!! they were done to death on evos and know all evo owners shy away from them, one sr i saw with tomei arms had a similarly laggy poor result. id stick with the tried and tested garretts imo

Not a GTR but a tracked silvia from Queensland they switched from a t518z to a equivalent size tomei and spooled later and made less power.. I hope the GTR setup's a different story for the money spent.

should have gone hks for that money

what makes hks any better?

no one on here soo far has actually seen this particular kit in action,

maybe tomei's figured out their previous kit wasn't soo flash, so they went on to developed this improved model!

will soon find out if I bought a dud once they are all fitted and tuned!

between 400-500 awhp would be nice, not too fussed with numbers, as long as it will run a mid 12 on street tyres & i'll be happy!!!

U got ur turbos yet? mine are in the post somewhere between here & there lol

yeah i got them being fitted now just waiting on my nismo twin plate they should make 500awhp on 1.3bar thats what it listed on a japanese gtr with the m7655 fitted

id have to agree with GTScotT, i remember one gtr with twin tomei turbos and it looked horribly laggy (5.5k) for the 350kw or so it made!! they were done to death on evos and know all evo owners shy away from them, one sr i saw with tomei arms had a similarly laggy poor result. id stick with the tried and tested garretts imo

tomei just revised their range these turbos came out march this year meant to be on boost buy 4- 4500 rpm so with some good cams and cam gears and a good tune hopefully see good results will soon see next week..

never know if you dont give it a go i guess