SAU Community

Stolen Two R35 Gtrs Perth

Sorry to hear they were stolen, glad they were insured!

I wouldn't want them back though, new for old replacement would be my preference! Once a performance car has been stolen, you don't want it back. It's like a girlfriend.... if someone else drives it, it's gotta go and stay gone.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but the really picked some nice cars to steal! Pretty obvious its someone you know that helped the thieves.

I wouldn't want them back though, new for old replacement would be my preference! Once a performance car has been stolen, you don't want it back. It's like a girlfriend.... if someone else drives it, it's gotta go and stay gone.

LOL so true

Thats real tragic news man,hope they get caught and have justice punish them.

With cars like these (all cars in fact) I think tracking devices should definitely be installed in the case of a theft. That way if they get in your car using the keys,there is at least one way of getting it back.

hello just like to say thank you to everyone especially josh the silver gtr is going to be a write off too much damage they hit the back of the car on a pole so thats a bummer :/ but the red one is perfect its with forensics atm then its off to north side nissan to get a tracker and new ignition and keys because the thieves didnt leave the keys with the cars but again thank you

hello just like to say thank you to everyone especially josh

no probz man.. bummer that the silver one is a write off :( the damage didnt look bad at all ! but then again i didnt get a chance to look under the car...

all in all at least they were found

Only issue is what damage was done to the red car whilst it was belted around etc.

Hope you get it fully inspected, and then independently of Nissan as well. More for peace of mind in case they miss something otherwise going back to insurance after the fact might be a bit of an issue.

Suppose the bonus in all of this is you'll get paid out and not have to eat the ~50k depreciation of the silver one provided they didn't stiff you on the agreed last cycle!

hello just like to say thank you to everyone especially josh the silver gtr is going to be a write off too much damage they hit the back of the car on a pole so thats a bummer :/ but the red one is perfect its with forensics atm then its off to north side nissan to get a tracker and new ignition and keys because the thieves didnt leave the keys with the cars but again thank you

You know there is a lot more to do than replacing the ignition barrel for new keys don't you.

They will need to swap at least the ECU, Transmission ECU, Body Control Module and all the Security control moudules including the steering column as it has an inbult sensor for security that cannot be removed. Then it all needs to be reprogrammed as they are locked to the VIN.

Sounds like it will still be expensive.

Anyway good luck

Cheers

Marty

You know there is a lot more to do than replacing the ignition barrel for new keys don't you.

They will need to swap at least the ECU, Transmission ECU, Body Control Module and all the Security control moudules including the steering column as it has an inbult sensor for security that cannot be removed. Then it all needs to be reprogrammed as they are locked to the VIN.

Anyway good luck

Cheers

Marty

so many computers in a modern day super car,

would that be covered under insurance tho??

was there any work done on the house in the last month or so? solar panels put in? home theatre install :D etc

any building going on in the street? tradies around etc?

glad to hear they were recovered (some-what) - was anyone caught or were just the cars recovered?

yes, also confused why Federal popo involved?

im not sure why federal were involved and no nobody was caught yet but the police think there is a link between the robberies of the gtrs and the silver hummer from ellenbrook and yes i know there will be alot of work changing everything in the car wich insurance company will pay for

Anyway good luck

Cheers

Marty

I'm sure nissan will take care of that mate.

Anyway good luck

Cheers

Marty

Do you know this for a fact, imagine if you lose your keys, i cant see nissan being able toi hit you up for $10000, new steering column etc. They will simply reprogram the ecu to accept thet new key code im sure. Someone on here lost both keys, and had to get it towed, but im sure it was nothing major.

Do you know this for a fact, imagine if you lose your keys, i cant see nissan being able toi hit you up for $10000, new steering column etc. They will simply reprogram the ecu to accept thet new key code im sure. Someone on here lost both keys, and had to get it towed, but im sure it was nothing major.

I was just about to say this, I remember the thread, the owner just had to get the car towed to the dealer and have a new set of keys programmed from memory

I was just about to say this, I remember the thread, the owner just had to get the car towed to the dealer and have a new set of keys programmed from memory

That's right, it was a reprogramming and new keys that's it...

no need to replace anything other than software...

Yes you guys are correct. I contacted my customer about this today and their race car had ECU issues so had to swap all the parts to make it run without contacting Nissan (import car). Sorry to the OP for any confusion with my post about changing keys by Nissan.

Cheers

Marty

Very true, it's funny the parallels people like us draw between the two, lol.

Glad you got some sort of decent ending to the whole saga mate.

Glad they were recovered, just curious, who has determined the silver one a "write off"? Not much in the back end, is the damage beyond the rear windscreen? How's the gearbox and diff?