SAU Community

R32 Gts-T Wreck For Sale

1993 Nissan Skyline GTS-t.

Had a prang in April - someone made a turn in front of me. Insurance (JCI) said that the salvage is worth $2k according to some auction place (can't remember the name, i've got it written down somewhere, will advise later) so i guess I'm looking for around that price although i am open to offers.

First and only Australian owner - purchased in 2001.

Hasn't seen much driving in the last 3 years.

Windows are tinted to darkest legal tint - driver's side window has some scratches in the tint but the rest is good.

Serviced every 5000-8000kms. Have all service receipts since purchase.

Polyurethane bushings

Reconditioned turbo replaced when the factory ceramic turbo died - "good for 400hp" said the mechanic at the time - dunno what brand it is, but it's larger than the standard - i've only ever run the stock boost, so never got to experience the extra power... oh well...

Rims are the standard ones, but have been chromed or something by the previous owner to make them shiny and look quite nice when they're clean - i cleaned one up a bit so you can see.

Tyres are BF Goodrich 225/50 ZR 16s and have heaps of tread as i haven't done many kms on them and i'm too old to do burnouts.

Splitfire coils that haven't seen much travel at all (probably 1000 - 2000kms if that? I suppose i can check my receipts and figure it out) which i've taken out and put the standard coils back in (one of the standard coils is dodgy). I'll sell these separately.

JVC head unit. bit worse for wear and the "forward" button doesn't work, but the unit still plays CDs/MP3s and radio.

JBL 2 way 4"x6" front speakers

Kicker 3 way 7"x10" rear speakers - you don't need a subwoofer with these installed. Well, at least i didn't...

3" exhaust from the cat with 3" straight through muffler

pod filter

AFM used to be dodgy, but since been fixed - just needed to resolder a connection on it and hasn't given me a problem since i fixed it a couple of years back. (FYI, advice to anyone who has a dodgy AFM and has nasty stalling issues like i did - just unscrew and pull out the plug, re solder it and it'll be like it never happened!)

Also have a Consult Port->RS232 adapter, which helped my diagnose my AFM issue.

apart from the obvious, the passenger door and rear quarter panel is scratched/dinted, the rear bumper also has a couple of scratches/dints but most of the rest of the car is fine. I can take more photos on request.

Location is in Point Cook, Victoria.

Pics are available here - http://franksemails.com/skyline-wreck/

If you want a pic of something specific, let me know and i'll put it up.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a query regarding fixing the AFM. Just thought i'd post details here so everyone knows. The problem that i had was that the socket's solder had broken, so they needed to be resoldered. Been a few years since i did this so my memory may be a bit scratchy :)

In the pic you can see my AFM. (1) Remove the plug from the socket, and then (2) remove the 4 screws - once you've done that you can lift the socket and it should reveal 4 or 5 long metal wires which are attached to some other part inside. The solder on my unit was quite brittle and broke off quite easily. I think i also had to remove the plate to have easy access (3 and 4) to where the wires were supposed to be soldered to (or maybe i didn't have to remove the socket at all and could get to it all from under the plate - can't recall exactly). All you need to do is resolder those wires back where they were soldered and you're done.

post-49595-0-71398600-1309752596_thumb.jpg