SAU Community

Wakefield Wrap-Up Thread

Pezhead

Here's the wrap up thread folks. Go nuts put you your photos and video here. Discuss the day - what a great day for weather and friendly competition between the two clubs.

I've got a LOT of video since I shot all day long. I will edit something together and post it up in about a week.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a good day once the fog lifted.

There will be an announcement in the next few days about prizes courtesy of Kumho and Fsport. If you are in the market for new motorsport tyres don't forget to support the guys that support grass roots motorsport.

If anyone has pics feel free to upload them to the RENEW facebook page www.facebook.com/renewrotary . I'll be adding some pics later this afternoon, there should be a mix of cars. I guess it depends what caught my brothers eye at the time.

Oh and to stir the pot a little bit - Rhys was .24 off the quickest time in his street registered, full interior FD so that's a massive effort to be so close to the s15.

So far a Mistsubishi EVO and then a Nissan S15 has got top honors, good work guys, wonder what will be the quickest next time out.

Come on Nissan, one more win will ensure that Nissans rule, although if a EMO wins again, in my eyes, its not a total loss.

LOL.

So far a Mistsubishi EVO and then a Nissan S15 has got top honors, good work guys, wonder what will be the quickest next time out.

But as far as true street cars go, the skylines proved sussesful again. The fastest skylines on the day drove to the track, took the spare wheel out, went around the track and drove home.

The classes certainly worked well from my perspective in green group. There were very few people i even saw on the track as we were so evenly timed and well spaced. Great battle with Grumblebee, I had a bit more power but could not lose him on the corners. A very nice looking R34 Vspec II, who was just able to pull consistantly better lap times then me but only .007 of a second faster for best lap. Will be looking to make more consistant times and chase him down in December.

This was a well run day.

Congrats to all, sadly, the little Evo couldn't overall the two top place getters in street class.

I'll get ya's next time.

But as far as true street cars go, the skylines proved sussesful again. The fastest skylines on the day drove to the track, took the spare wheel out, went around the track and drove home.

The classes certainly worked well from my perspective in green group. There were very few people i even saw on the track as we were so evenly timed and well spaced. Great battle with Grumblebee, I had a bit more power but could not lose him on the corners. A very nice looking R34 Vspec II, who was just able to pull consistantly better lap times then me but only .007 of a second faster for best lap. Will be looking to make more consistant times and chase him down in December.

2nd quickest outright (rx7) is a true street car with semis bolted on. It was trailered but that was just in case :whistling:

Edited by gregor

Can we say engineer certs, Ive got mine, LOL.

Street cars and road legal street cars are two different things.

Let them eat cake.

Well its a daily driver with suprisingly few mods. As for engineering certs - who cares? Theres nothing there that couldnt be passed. Pretty sure you could count on one hand the cars there that could pass an emissions test to be truly legal as they raced yesterday.

lucky i went out in the last sesion to post that time or you would have got me, i had some great chases with a white emo and a silver series 3 rx7 on the track and with your 33 for times, you where only just behind me with times all day

The highest point score for the last event was in street class I believe, MR Hill R34 GTR with 65 points, winner winner chicken dinner.

yes but that one was debatable with peters (fats) time in the first session not getting recorded, no debating this one though, fastest in all 3 sessions giving max points(75)

lucky i went out in the last sesion to post that time or you would have got me, i had some great chases with a white emo and a silver series 3 rx7 on the track and with your 33 for times, you where only just behind me with times all day

Its not little, and it has feelings!!!!!!!!!

ok so I shall get the photos started. Mind you they aren't the same quality as Matt & Kory manage, but not bad if I do say so myself. And thank god for digital photography where I don't have to pay for all the crap photos that didn't turn out while trying to get a few good ones.

DSC_0155%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

DSC_0166%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0327.JPG

DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0066%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

]Good day, cold early with some ice on the cars, turned out nice once the fog lifted.

Haven't worked out if the car is badly balanced or i'm just a show off, run my two fastest times in the passenger sessions when i had the girls in the car, run a 1.11.33 and a 1.11.88, best i could do on my own was a 1.12.24, well down on my previous best of a 1.10.3.

Still getting to much lag out of the slower corners, so looks like i will have to throw some more money at it.

Thanks for the pic.

DSC_0423.JPG

Thanks for the images Eric great work, was hoping to see some images of my R100 as this was the first time running on the 13inch rims and was trying to get tyre pressure correct, good to see the car working with rear tyre under a lot of load pulling of the rim.

Wizard would be too concerned over not getting best lap times this time off the year at Wakefield Park lap time will always be slower as tyre temp and track temps are always down.

I was struggling after 4 laps still only getting 48deg tyre temps and track temp was only at 16 deg.

post-36356-0-23184600-1306665751_thumb.jpg

My first track day yesterday and it was an immensely enjoyable experience which culminated in my 32 gtr making it home unscathed save for some worn brakes and a faulty fuel gauge. Huge thanks to Mark, Michael, Eric, Steve and Duncan who shared their wisdom for a successful day. Big thanks also to all the members from both SAU and RENEW who not only made the day run smoothly but made me feel welcome. And a special thanks to TUNEHOUSE in Marrickville who just a week ago serviced, checked and tweaked the car for survival and a 1.14:03 on the cheapest of street tyres.

Great pics eric. Also a few good ones accessible via renew's facebook page. Can't wait for the video Eric!

When is the next day at Wakefield???