SAU Community

Basic Things I Need To Get Some Sideways Action

black hawk

:action-smiley-069: Hi Guys and Girls...

Just need to know what mods is essential to drift R33 skyline GTS-T .......... I want a drift setup in my skyline not for proffessional use but just if i go on track so i can drift my car properly with full control and less body roll......... was watching few videos on you tube and these guys were amazing ........... Just need to know that do i have to change the DIFF as well ???? and as i think need some power at the wheels as well so how much RKW at least i need to drift my car easily........... do i have to buy coilovers as well ???and whtat other mods i need ???? so if anyone can help me with this setup then it will be highly appreciated ....thanks

thanks guys for your replys.............. but how much KW at least i need at the wheels ........ as i think this is the most important one............ and how much all up it will cost me (Drift Setup) ,.............Thanks

Most of the guys on here who are involved in any kind of motorsport, rallies, circuit, drift whatever will tell you that suspension and body control are not only more I mportant than power at the wheels but you will achieve a greater improvement for a lower cost, so as above start with a diff, 2 way is best but u can get the diff shimmed to lock it up as a start, coilovers,and some stiff swaybars, costwise it depends how far u want to go and how much u can do yourself, probly 2000 will get u some 2nd hand coilovers a shimmed diff and a rear sway bar probly with change.

for basic drifting you need 200rwkw

imho sell your car if its stock and buy a modified GTST already with this power level

otherwise

going from stock to 200rwkw + basic drift setup

ecu 1000

tune 500

exhaust 1200

tyres 600

suspension and diff setup 1000

new diff 1000

good intake 350

boost controller 300

intercooler 600

fuel pump 300

clutch 1200

doesnt include coilovers

doesnt include new diff

should get some change from 10k

be prepared to bin your car and if its your only car rethink if you are ok with loosing your car

many have done so before

thanks guys for your replys.............. but how much KW at least i need at the wheels ........ as i think this is the most important one............ and how much all up it will cost me (Drift Setup) ,.............Thanks

Power isn't important at all.

Skill & car setup are far more important than power.

you could get away with just an ecu, exhaust, fmic, clutch and suspension no worries

nistune - 800

2nd hand fmic - 300

hd clutch - 500

2nd hand coilovers - 700

2nd hand swaybars - 200

welded diff - 100

R32 actuator - 20

that's $2620 for a fairly easy to drift setup that should yeild ~180rwkw

but as has been said, power is not that important for drift, it's all in the suspension and handling setup

my ke70 only had like 70rwkw and it was easy enough to slide

hi Guys,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for replys and great help............. Yes, I got pretty much stock car at the moment......... Only Mods are FMIC , Exhaust , BOV and I just did a dyno run and it was 165Kw ............ So i decided to buy the Coilovers and aftermarket ECU.................. The list of stuff that is sitting in my Garage is as below

1. Tein HA Adjustable coilovers (Second Hand) ----- $800

2. Apexi Power FC (Second Hand) ----- $1000

3. Apexi Electronic Boost Controller (Second Hand) ------$450

4. Apexi air filter kit (Second Hand) ------$350

5. Defi Guages (Boost and Oil Pressure (Brand New) ------$400

6. Autometer Tacho (Brand New) ------$200

All this stuff is sitting in my garage collecting dust as I spended all my saved up money to buy this suff and now i don't have enough to put them in......... Anyways, the only things i have to buy now is Two Way Diff and Sway Bar according to you guys to complete Drift Setup............ Any good place in Victoria where I can take my car and all the above mentioned stuff and other stuff (Diff and Sway bar) to put them in OR Sell this car and all that stuff and buy a Modified Skyline................. Any recommendations??????????????????????????????????????? Thanks

Hektik points are good for rwkw you should know that by now Paul. Also, they will match his veilside kit :D

as for Recomendations, put all the stuff on your car and go sliding, if you want some more power ( and I would too ;)) get turbo hiflowed with steel wheels so it can handle 18 pounds of boost, about 1000$, plus tune will be 500+ this will give you plenty of power (210kw) for learning and one thing nobody has mentioned strangely enough, a hicas lock bar, which is probably more impotant than anything else.

for basic drifting you need 200rwkw

imho sell your car if its stock and buy a modified GTST already with this power level

otherwise

going from stock to 200rwkw + basic drift setup

ecu 1000

tune 500

exhaust 1200

tyres 600

suspension and diff setup 1000

new diff 1000

good intake 350

boost controller 300

intercooler 600

fuel pump 300

clutch 1200

doesnt include coilovers

doesnt include new diff

should get some change from 10k

be prepared to bin your car and if its your only car rethink if you are ok with loosing your car

many have done so before

you could get away with just an ecu, exhaust, fmic, clutch and suspension no worries

nistune - 800

2nd hand fmic - 300

hd clutch - 500

2nd hand coilovers - 700

2nd hand swaybars - 200

welded diff - 100

R32 actuator - 20

that's $2620 for a fairly easy to drift setup that should yeild ~180rwkw

but as has been said, power is not that important for drift, it's all in the suspension and handling setup

my ke70 only had like 70rwkw and it was easy enough to slide

ya'll tripping.

my car slides fine stock power, fmic,exhaust thats it.

weldy, coils,swaybars,solid bushes or whatever there called 2 drift days not an issue.

clutch is still going strong. Just get out there have a crack mate dont worry about these high rollers.

thats the best advice yet alr33x :thumbsup:

another thing I forgot to mention why not just fit all the stuff to the car youself, there is plenty of info online how to do stuff. I dont know what im doing but I reckon I could fit most of that stuff in a weekend with some help from my old mate google