SAU Community

Zeitronic Zt-2 + Lcd Diy Guide With Pics

Wanted to do a DIY guide as i have found nothing for the Zt-2 Zeitronic and G35/350Z

Here are pdf instructions for Zt-2

http://www.zeitronix.com/installation/ZT2instructions.pdf

ECU pinout

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/2003_2005_G35_350z.php

and

http://www.cj-motorsports.com/03pinout.htm

Huge thanks to Marc from www.zeitronix.com for all his help !

Zeitronix are fantastic when it comes to support, if you buy a zeitronix then you will always have someone there to help you! I can’t believe the speed at which they reply, im very impressed :)

Zt-2.png

Other Notes I have read

Newest instructions do not require 8 - Brown to be grounded.

- Pre 2010 models will use this if they have another sensor they want grounded but it wont show up on the LCD

- Post 2010 models can use this wire to display info from additions sensors on the LCD

One brown wire is for Zt-2 MAP ground (11) second one (8) for standalone EMS with differential wideband input

User1 (Zt2-pin 12) blue wire is for any 0-5 volt type sensor reading like boost. knock etc.

Only wires you 100% you need to connect for just the Zt-2 to run are

1. Red (12V)

3. Green (tach/rpm)

7. Black (Ground)

10. Gray (tps)

If you have a Zeitronix MAP Boost sensor then you need to connect 4, 6 and 11

Installation:

Step 1: Wind windows down, take off positive battery terminal

Step 2: Remove ECU, there is a little tab you push and then the handle pulls down and the ECU just comes off.

IMG_2321.jpg

Step 3: Remove the inner black cover and also the tape that hold the sleeve on the wires. Then roll the sleeve up to expose the wires.

IMG_2322.jpg

Step 4: Wire 1 – Red : Switched positive connected to ECU pink pin #119 or 120

IMG_2323.jpg

Step 5: Wire 3 – Green : RPM connected to ECU yellow/red pin #62

IMG_2324.jpg

Step 6: Wire 7 – Black: Ground connected to ECU thick black pin #1, #115 or #116

IMG_2325.jpg

Step 7: Wire 10 – Grey: TPS connected to ECU green (US), white (JDM) pin #50

IMG_2326.jpg

Step 8: Tape the wires back up, pull sleeve down and then tape the sleeve

IMG_2328.jpg

Step 9: Push ECU back into place, push the leaver back up.

IMG_2329.jpg

Step 10: Mounting the Zt-2. I used 3M dual lock Velcro, just a bit up at the back so when I wedge the zt-2 in between the cabin filter and ECU it will hold. Connect all your wires. The dual adapter goes into DATA, then the cable that runs to the LCD plugs into it, and then another cable runs from the dual adapter to the serial to USB adapter for the laptop. I keep the serial to usb adapter in the upper glove box as I have no DVD player

IMG_2330.jpg

Installing LCD

Step 1: Take out the BOSE stereo

Drill a hold either on the left or right, in the higher corner of the upper cubby.

It is actually easier to drill from the outside.

IMG_2334.jpg

Step 2: Use 3M Dual lock volctro to mount the bracket. I used a heavy duty door hinge, I picked one that would not open and close easy, the more fused the better.

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

Step 3: Run the LCD wire through the hole and then cable tie it along outside of the glove box to the Zt-2 box

Open:

IMG_2292.jpg

Half close (closes all the way for complete stock look!)

IMG_2280.jpg

All turned on !

IMG_2350.jpg

Zeitronix Software:

If you have the Belkin serial to USB adapter and have trouble with windows 7 and drivers then here is the solution!

http://www.clearchai...4bit-mac-osx-10

run1.png

Your Done!

I have not covered the EGT probe or the O2 probe as I have not got the turbo installed so no point.

I will update when I get the HKS 3037 ST kit installed :)

Edited by R6n350GT