SAU Community

Group Buy Suspension

Its through a tyre wholesale place in Fyshwick. I'm finding out what the name is right now!

If they buy 6 sets its going to work out $1250 each.

If we have more interest them will get cheaper!

i bought K-sport Kontrol pro coilovers for a mate of an ebay store in the USA. cost AUD$1180 inc shipping to my house,

for example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KSPORT-COILOVERS-SPRINGS-99-02-00-01-NISSAN-SKYLINE-R34-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5629bdd74bQQitemZ370067494731QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

if you scroll down it says $210 shipping to australia which equals $1054 total! and thats for 1 set.

has he contacted k-sport australia or a distributer? he should haggle them down more haha

i bought K-sport Kontrol pro coilovers for a mate of an ebay store in the USA. cost AUD$1180 inc shipping to my house,

has he contacted k-sport australia or a distributer? he should haggle them down more haha

I hear this all the time in my line of work and it sh_ts me to no end...

The issue with importing your own parts like this is that if you have any problems with warranty or a manufacturing defect you'll have trouble getting anything from the ebay person you bought them from and I highly doubt that without a receipt from an Australian distributor that anyone local will help you out (at least without charging you for it).

If you buy from a local distributor you can be confident that your parts are manufacturer backed (although it always pays to ask anyway) and if you have any problems, they can help you out... You're also supporting an Australian business and keeping the money here in Australia.

People fail to take all this into account when buying online from overseas and they don't realise that parallel import products can often be more trouble for the consumer, businesses and the Australian economy than they are worth.

:rant:

I hear this all the time in my line of work and it sh_ts me to no end...

The issue with importing your own parts like this is that if you have any problems with warranty or a manufacturing defect you'll have trouble getting anything from the ebay person you bought them from and I highly doubt that without a receipt from an Australian distributor that anyone local will help you out (at least without charging you for it).

If you buy from a local distributor you can be confident that your parts are manufacturer backed (although it always pays to ask anyway) and if you have any problems, they can help you out... You're also supporting an Australian business and keeping the money here in Australia.

People fail to take all this into account when buying online from overseas and they don't realise that parallel import products can often be more trouble for the consumer, businesses and the Australian economy than they are worth.

:rant:

My issue with it is, that if 1 retail customer can buy a product for 2-300 bucks less including shipping from overseas that what the local people are selling it for, than I feel I'm getting ripped off.

I'm sure that if I were a business owner and wanted to order 10 sets of coilovers you could get it much cheaper again, and hen sell locally for maybe a few bucks more than ebay US, but not 300 bucks more.

I'm all for supporting local business, but only when the price is resonable.

+1

also with the australian dollar the way it is against the US dollar that means that given K sport are an american brand the australian distributor should be cheaper, especially with a bulk buy. most group buys ive seen the parts are cheaper then ebay or any other online auction so thats why i said haggle them down.

just like tempe tyres sydney with their parallel importing of kumho tyres, they sell them cheap as chips, cheaper to the customer fitted than a tyre shop can buy them from the distributor. why pay premium price for the same product when its a non-australian imported product in the first place?

most the people selling them on ebay are genuine K-sport distributors so the invoice is valid for the 18month limited warranty they offer

You ultimately and usually get what you pay for here and O.S.

On the odd occasion when you do get ripped off at least if you bought in Australia you have recourse or can go bash somebody!

Back on topic - shocks n springs for BC, K-sport, etc coilovers are all around 1200-1300 in Australia. Sorry but saving a $100 bucks wouldn't make me buy from O.S.

Serious about handling then save/spend $3500 and do it all and properly.