SAU Community

Troubleshooters, Slipping And Vibration Feeling On Full Lock Turns

Hi Guys,

About two weeks ago I started getting a problem where If I was stopped and was in or close to full lock and would accelerate left or right I could feel something wasn't right, it was like the front wheels were skipping or slipping and not making traction, some vibration like shuddering throiugh the steering wheel whilst this happened......faster speeds and easier corners were okay and straight line was no problem.

At first I thought it might have been cvboots as I read other advice on the forums.... I'd just bought a set of coilovers and decided to book it into Fulcrum as the problem gradually got worse and was happening without full lock and on longer corners, I could even feel it in reverse when parking the car when in the same full lock slight to moderate acceleration and that feeling mentioned above.

In last two weeks I've had both cvboots reconditioned, coilovers fitted and bushes replaced as these had also worn out. It felt on first inspection that the problem had gone away, last night I took the car out and was happy with the way everythig was going then went to test things again from stationary full lock turns and there it was again, not as bad as before but you could definately feel it. I'm no mechanic and I only know what I learn from reading mostly but from what I've gathered this sounds most likely that the front diff has packed it in. The other thing which is less likely is the ATTESSA playing up though I would've thought if this was the case it would be playing up outside of the full lock scenario too.

If anyone has experienced something like this before let me know. Whilst I'm getting a rebuild done the front diff will be an easy job to do, just wanting to get some advice if there's anything else these symptoms could be pointing too.

Cheers,

Adam

No I'm pretty certain it's front diff... My car is in the shop again getting a forged motor rebuild and new front and centre diffs. The problem was there before lowering, with driveshafts and suspension parts done it really only leaves the diffs as far as I can tell.

I'll know more in a couple weeks, I told the shop what was going on and hope to never experience it again, I've pushed the car at different times and never felt anything like it before, the handling has been exceptional up to that first experience a few weeks back... will post an update once the rebuild work is done.

Edited by CruisingFast

No I'm pretty certain it's front diff... My car is in the shop again getting a forged motor rebuild and new front and centre diffs. The problem was there before lowering, with driveshafts and suspension parts done it really only leaves the diffs as far as I can tell.

I'll know more in a couple weeks, I told the shop what was going on and hope to never experience it again, I've pushed the car at different times and never felt anything like it before, the handling has been exceptional up to that first experience a few weeks back... will post an update once the rebuild work is done.

You don't have a centre diff. Are they rebuilding your transfer box and if so what bits are they replacing or upgrading?

• 2 weeks later...