N1GTR

Hey all,

Got a note about this today, would be good to see some more Skylines there;

What : Point to Point, single release sprint over 1000m in a straight line

When : Saturday, 22nd October, 2011

Where : Temora Aviation Museum, Temora Airport, Temora

Time : Arrival Time TBA.

DRIVERS BRIEFING AT TBA

Cost : $125 per person (maximum two entrants per car)

Number of Entants : 120

Entries : Entries will be taken from 8am on Wednesday, 1st June, 2011. There are 120 spots/entries available. Entries will be taken in the order they are recieved. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE AT TIME OF ENTRY with reciept number as proof of entry paid.

IMPORTANT POINTS

1) All participants must hold a Level 2 Speed CAMS license at a minimum. This will require you to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club

2) THIS IS NOT A BURNOUT COMP. THERE WILL BE NO TYRE WARMING WHAT SO EVER. IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN BURNOUTS, PLEASE ATTEND WSID ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

3) CARS WILL BE CHECKED OVER BY A CAMS SCRUITNEER ON THE DAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE REGO'D, BUT DO HAVE TO PASS SCRUITINEERING.

4) There will be a fire/rescue crew onsite

5) There will be no refunds on entries once paid. If for whatever reason you cannot attend once entered, you need to sell your spot to someone

6) We are basing this event as 6+ runs per person

7) ANY DRIVING ON AT THE EVENT, NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE DAY, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. WE WILL BE RUNNING SUCH A TIGHT DAY, THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR PEOPLE BEING IDIOTS. There is a massive difference between having fun, driving well and enjoying yourself and wrecking the day for others because you are wasting time

8) Passangers are no allowed for the events this year.

9) No Motorbikes or Karts

10) Timing will be done with proper point-to-point timing equipment similar to a special stage on a rally

We already have national magazine coverage and are also in discussion with a National TV network and program. Any further media enquires, please contact us via the email address below

Having planned this event for the last 18 months, we are under no illusions that this event will fill very quickly. We have everything from road registered Honda's, toyota's and Commodores to high end, old and new european and us muscle and exotica, with also a good mix of Road and race cars

MORE DETAILS WILL BE PUT UP OVER THE NEXT WEEK, INCLUDING FULL SUP REGS, ACCOMODATION DETAILS, AND SPONSORS

If you have any questions, please free to email [email protected]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also something else to think about, what sort of trap speed and elapsed time does everyone think a build GTR is likely to reel off?

Here's something as a sort of benchmark;

Here's some times;

Mini Cooper S Chilli 28.73 @ 184.0

Honda Integra Type S 28.53 @ 191.1

Audi TT V6 28.42 @ 195.2

Mazda MX-5 SE 28.33 @ 190.0

Renault Sport Clio Cup 28.27 @ 190.0

MG ZT260 V8 27.77 @ 193.8

Renault Sport Megane 27.30 @ 196.0

VW Gold R32 27.14 @ 198.0

FPV F6 Typhoon 26.24 @ 206.4

Lotus Exige 26.08 @ 200.0

Mercedes Benz SLK350 26.07 @ 210.0

Holden Monaro CV8 25.98 @ 212.8

HSV GTO Coupe 25.95 @ 218.1

Holden Commodore SS 25.80 @ 211.3

FPV Falcon GT-P 25.72 @ 212.3

Subaru Impreza WRX STi 25.65 @ 201.0

Mitsubisho Evolution VIII 25.50 @ 202.7

Mercedes Benz C55 AMG 25.29 @ 220.1

HSV Clubsport R8 24.88 @ 223.2

Porsche 911 Carrera S 23.42 @ 234.1

Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG 22.35 @ 248.1

Audi R8: 23.8sec@225km/h(141mph)

BMW M3 CSL: 24sec@224km/h(140mph)

Porsche 911 (997) Carrera Cabrio: 24.1sec@???km/h

Nissan Skyline GT-R/R33: 24.7sec@209km/h(131mph)

Mazda RX-7: 24.8sec@218km/h(136mph)

Subaru Impreza STI 22B specs('97/Japan): 24.9sec@???km/h

Porsche Cayenne Turbo (4.5L): 25.5sec@212km/h(132mph)

Honda NSX(3.0): 25.5sec@209km/h(131mph)

Nissan 350Z: 25.7sec@203km/h(127mph)

Mazda RX-8: 27.3sec@190km/h(119mph)

Subaru Impreza (93-03): 27.5sec@182km/h(114mph)

Im setting a goal of a 21 for myself

I'm interested,,,never drag raced the Radical let alone straight lining her over 1000 metres and Temora's only a 5 to 6 maybe 7 hour tow with breaks.

Think I'll sent an e-mail to them for more info.

Funny there's no website link at all or who's sanctioning it.

Cheers

Neil.

Trap speeds listed seem low?? I admit to know NOTHING about drag racing, having done 1 wednesday night, but I was pulling 170 at 400, I know that does not equate to 570k at 1000, but I would have though even mine would be closer to 240-250 based on our local supersprint... will hopefully find out at Temora... Mate with a 280+rwkw 180 coming as well, should be good fun!

Trap speeds listed seem low?? I admit to know NOTHING about drag racing, having done 1 wednesday night, but I was pulling 170 at 400, I know that does not equate to 570k at 1000, but I would have though even mine would be closer to 240-250 based on our local supersprint... will hopefully find out at Temora... Mate with a 280+rwkw 180 coming as well, should be good fun!

Cool will be good to see some other SAU guys there. What car will you have?

This sounds great.

I have always thought 1000m is a better race than 400m :)

These cars are achieving 300km in under 20sec so you can only imagine the power levels.

Cool will be good to see some other SAU guys there. What car will you have?

32 V spec II, currently only N1s and the usual pods/exhaust, by then a PFC, maybe injectors.. So will be under 300awkw, but I just love any chance to use the thing properly. Sounds like it might be a popular event..

I might turn up, have to check my work calendar, but I'm not that far away from it [180km]. Would be good to see what my Gtst can do.

When do entries close?

And what do i have to do to have a Level 2 Speed CAMS license? Is it OK for a general pleb like me?

32 V spec II, currently only N1s and the usual pods/exhaust, by then a PFC, maybe injectors.. So will be under 300awkw, but I just love any chance to use the thing properly. Sounds like it might be a popular event..

Sounds pretty nice!!!

I'm going to book accommodation soon so if you and your mate want to stay in the same place with some other skyline guys let us know

With 125 entries available I'll be shocked if it doest sell out almost straight away

I might turn up, have to check my work calendar, but I'm not that far away from it [180km]. Would be good to see what my Gtst can do.

When do entries close?

And what do i have to do to have a Level 2 Speed CAMS license? Is it OK for a general pleb like me?

Entries open next week according to Adam, the only way to get a form is to email them before entries open.

L2S is as simple as joining saunsw and then filling out 2 forms and sending them away. Usual waiting time is 4 weeks, there's forms on the cams website that you can fill out once you're a member of a cams car club (eg saunsw)

If you have a drama filling it out, don't be afraid to ask!