SAU Community

7Th May - Gold Coast Gtr Club Meet/cruise

kymbo

The time has arrived to start a dedicated 'Gold Coast GTR Club' and a monthly cruise night to give it a starting point and some focus.

The new R35 GTR has put Nissan and the GTR into the 'Supercar' league and with more R35's coming on line every month and many very fine examples of R32, R33 & R34 GTR's getting around, the time has come to have an official and regular meeting place and time for all 'Godzilla's' on the Gold Coast.

FIRST SATURDAY NIGHT OF EVERY MONTH STARTING IN MAY 2011 - 9.00PM - INDY/V8 SUPER CAR 'PIT LANE' CAR PARK, MAIN BEACH

The Gold Coast has always got the biggest buzz on a Saturday night with mega amounts of people and hot cars about and the 'Pit Lanes' are certainly appropriate for GTR's. The Pit Lanes are perfect for Gold Coast owners since it is equidistant from the North, South and Western extremities of the Gold Coast.

GTR owners from Brisbane and elsewhere may also see it as a good excuse to take a trip to the Gold Coast for a weekend, with the Saturday night run as a bonus. The 9.00pm start time allows everyone to first have dinner and besides, the Gold Coast only starts warming up on the streets around 10.00pm on a Saturday night.

GTR owners from interstate can even get a billet ride for the night if they are up on holiday. Just rock up on the night, introduce yourself and I am sure someone will have some space?

1 - 9.00pm meet, greet & chat at the 'Pit Lanes'.

2 - 10.00pm Cruise down the GCH through Surfers to Mermaid, U turning at Magic Mountain for the run back up.

3 - Through Broadbeach, then through Cavill & Orchid Ave Surfers, cruising on to the McCafe at Labrador next to the Bob Jane T Mart for Coffee and a snack (lots of parking space)

4 - Back down through Southport returning to the PIt Lanes for final chats and farewells.

We will probably end up drawing a small crowd into the Pit Lanes by that time, maybe even chatting to like minded car lovers with other marques.

We will let some of the other brands/clubs know over time, so if they wish, they can mix their agenda in with ours. It would certainly make it interesting!

We will even get the word to Porsche owners, so they can come along and be reminded what it fees like to be crushed by a Nissan.

And of course, you should welcome your friends with interesting performance orientated cars.

PLEASE NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO HOONING OR EXCESSIVE NOISE in or anywhere near the Pit Lane area, or the Gold Coast Council will end up banning us from using it as a meeting point.

If you get nabbed by the Police for any reason whilst we are on the cruise, too bad, you deal with it!

You know where we are going and you can catch up later.

See you there thumbsup.gif

Edited by kymbo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FIRST SATURDAY NIGHT OF EVERY MONTH STARTING IN MAY 2011 - 9.00PM - INDY/V8 SUPER CAR 'PIT LANE' CAR PARK, MAIN BEACH

Sounds awsome!

Can't wait to see everyone there that night :D

however, i won't be back until the 9th of May!

if we can meet on that following weekend (which is the 14'th of May), i'll be there for sure.

GC GTR CRUISE NIGHT CONFIRMATIION - 9.00PM, SATURDAY 7th of MAY - Indy Pit Lanes, Gold Coast Highway, Main Beach (Main car Park for, McIntosh Island Park)

See you there!

Stricly GTR??? if not then id love to come meet you guys. i have a purple R33 GTST.

Lovely GTST you got over there.

My suggest to you is drive your lovely GTST down there and have a look around :D

It's always good to have more cars around too :cheers:

Stricly GTR??? if not then id love to come meet you guys. i have a purple R33 GTST.

All performance car owners are welcome to come along, check out the GTR's (hopefully we get a good GTR turn out?) and tag along for the cruise.

The GTR emphasis is simply designed to give the type of platform/membership for GTR owners in Australia, that is currently only available overseas.

The amazing history, performance (even in standard form) and racing heritage of every GTR model, we believe, entitles the GTR to its own core club in Australia.

However, all performance car enthusiasts who share a passion for GTR's are hereby encouraged to join in!

That includes performance car lovers from all the different brands and era's.

Jeez

Just had a close up look at the pic of your R33 GTST and all I can say is, WOW!

Love to check it out on the night.

Kym

Jeez

Just had a close up look at the pic of your R33 GTST and all I can say is, WOW!

Love to check it out on the night.

Kym

Hey guys thanks for the comments. I am a prowd nissan owner and GTR enthusiast. Just funds are what is keeping me without one right now. But one day it will come.

Just so you guys know in my garage there is nothing but a nissan that deserves to be in it :) Family car is a pulsar for now, But upgrading soon to newer maxima or murano. due to 2 kids now. so GTR has to wait. but any of my cars will only ever be replaced by a nissan. Till the day i die.

Thanks Fireboy and kym. Will see you there.

I have a couple of friends with Supra, Evo, if you want more cars i can ask them to come along. or if you guys want to get together nostly nissans its all good with me.

Hey guys thanks for the comments. I am a prowd nissan owner and GTR enthusiast. Just funds are what is keeping me without one right now. But one day it will come.

Just so you guys know in my garage there is nothing but a nissan that deserves to be in it :) Family car is a pulsar for now, But upgrading soon to newer maxima or murano. due to 2 kids now. so GTR has to wait. but any of my cars will only ever be replaced by a nissan. Till the day i die.

Thanks Fireboy and kym. Will see you there.

I have a couple of friends with Supra, Evo, if you want more cars i can ask them to come along. or if you guys want to get together nostly nissans its all good with me.

All real enthusiasts who appreciate GTR's are welcome, we will even allow Porsche owners, but only the ones who know their engine is in the back!

Look forward to meeting you on the night!

Kym

I would like to attend and have a chat with you guys with regards to the future direction of sau qld.

We are currently looking make the club far more inclusive for all owners in the s.e. corner With a major increase in events and club activitys.

Let me know if you're keen to discuss.

I would like to attend and have a chat with you guys with regards to the future direction of sau qld.

We are currently looking make the club far more inclusive for all owners in the s.e. corner With a major increase in events and club activitys.

Let me know if you're keen to discuss.

That would be great. Would really like to get more involved with more Proud nissan owners. And become mabye more active as a Club at QLD events and our own.

likewise, would be good to see what is happening with SAU

Join the club!

For the 3 years thats I'm in the club, the number of events have been increasing every year. Drag, track and skidpan days are on ever couple of months for a very reasonable price.

Join the club!

For the 3 years thats I'm in the club, the number of events have been increasing every year. Drag, track and skidpan days are on ever couple of months for a very reasonable price.

You aint seen nuthin yet Brandon, the plan for the club is saturation events and saturation membership. We cant have one without the other.

If we can get the membership to the point it should be we can crank out an event around every 2 weeks and it wont matter if people cant attend them all because there will be enough members to make it work.

Tell every one you know the winds of change are blowing in the sauqld club and we need as many as we can get to maximmize the fun factor.

The first few events are already posted and after tonights exec meeting there will be more to follow.

We are looking to introduce local skidpan, motorkhana, Shownshine, and interstate roadtrips among others, If we all pull together we can make it work.

We plan to draw from the greater s.e. corner from the tweed border to the sunshine coast and out to Toowoomba and even further if people are prepared to travel.

The train is rollin, Get on board.

kym there seem to be a lot of time for chatting in carparks/pit lanes...

what about a trip to say lennox (*coughs* ...where I'm camping for the weekend) and join up for lunch :)

just saying...