SAU Community

Modern Skyline Gear Knobs?

PM-R33

I have a Nismo leather gear knob in my car and was basically the only modification done to the car when I bought it. While I like the gear knob over the years it is getting very worn and ripped and needs replacing (as seen below).

nengun-0307-00-nismo-leather_shift_knob.jpg

To replace it for the same one will cost $80. I figured $80 is quite a lot of money for something that really isn't that flash looking. So I started looking at what all you guys run. Turns out most of you guys run other Nismo gear knobs that cost even more or just your basic universal type from Autobarn for $30-$50.

Other than those there are all your brand name Sparco, Momo, Isotta etc. But I find most of those are quite overpriced for what they are and don't really blend in with a lot of Skyline interiors, usually stand out to much. I'm not a fan of the gearknob being the first thing that stands out when you look inside (so no Dildo gear knobs for me lol).

Any way I wanted something that looks a bit factory to go with the rest of my interior theme but a bit more modern at the same time without looking out of place. I finally came across a German company that does very luxurious gear knobs for BMWs, Mercs, Porsches etc. and fell in love!

Basically there are a few different styles available with a mixture of aluminium and leather, chrome and leather or just leather. However the iceing on the cake is that they have the H pattern on the top of the gearknob for a factory look (also sometimes required for legality in some states...) that illuminates via LEDs in a choice of colours; red, blue, white and yellow.

594_0.jpgCR01.jpg

597_0.jpgCB07.jpg

596_0.jpg594_1.jpg

I think they look fantastic and are exactly what I would like. However they obviously don't make them for Skylines....so here is the question, what do you guys think? If there was enough interest perhaps we could get them to make them to fit Skyline M10 x 1.25 gear sticks.

Price wise they are around $80-$100 so good price for what you get.

Gear boots in seude and leather are also available to match the gear sticks.

So what do you think, do you guys like them? They obviously wont make me a one off M10 just for me, but if there was a few of us I don't see why it would be a problem.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind one if it was made in black aluminium, like my Nismo one :D

And as for you Phil... I have a stock gear knob for sale for $30 if you are interested, not in the best condition, but have a better one in better condition for $60 :P

Haha. Well either I will get one of these German ones or I will just get another one of the ones I allready have. I can't have anything without leather due to the sun up here. Makes it unbearable to touch if it sits in the sun for even 10 minutes.

I'd definitely be in, if someone could tell me why my gear stick is 12mm? In a 1996 R33.. Any ideas? I've got the stock gearknob on, but tried a Nismo one and it wouldnt fit? Nor would a 10mm nut.. But a 12mm nut would fit.. wacko.gif

Hmmm didn't think about that, I suppose that would also be an option.

So some of you guys have M12 gear sticks? Pretty sure mine is a M10, i'll double check later on.

M12 would be easy given they allready have them :D