SAU Community

What Intank Pump Will Deliver The Most Flow? Nismo?

The Pierburg is very long and thin, like two Walbro's end to end.

The A1000 is around 3.5 inches round and 6 inches long as I remember. It can be mounted intank apparently but it is single speed, there are similar pumps around with variable speed to stop the fuel heating so much. These require -8 fittings and hoses at least for their rated output apparently.

Best and cheapest option is twin Walbro's cost and price wise, may not be the most reliable though but thats what I went for.

i want to retain my factory fuel lines & factory fuel rail so the A1000 may not be suitable (ive been there & done that with my other gtr). also the idea of single speed from the A1000 may not be ideal for the street & it probably is a noisy pump as well 1 would assume...

i spoke to rick @ efi performance in qld as he is a pierburg retailer and he swears by them. he said i could remove my surge tank & replace my lift pump with the pierburg pump on its own (either run it in-tank for a factory appearance OR under the car with a simple bracket) & this will support 500awkw no problem. also is alcohol & ethanol friendly :)

he explained that the 044 is rated for 200lph @ 5bar & the pireburg is rated for 360lph @ 3bar, most pumps loss efficiency with higher pressure however the pierburg remains flat & says easily maintains over 300lph @ bar.

they use these in mercedes sports cars & the bugatti veyron actually runs 4 of these pumps (1 for each bank) in the tank as they are submersible.

i think this is perfect for my application!

another update - spoke to efi performance once again & he personally runs fuelab in his drag car & also quotes "they are the ducks guts in pumps!"

however, pumps run different applications & the fuelab is a 'push' (i.e. blow) pump hence it needs a surge tank so it wont suit me.

the pierburg is a 'draw & push' (i.e. suck & blow) pump which means it operates very well without a surge tank & can even run externally with just a pick up line with filter!

the fuelab also can run variable voltage but it needs to be controlled by the ecu, i have a vipec so i'm pretty it can support varying voltage (i.e. ruin 9volts @ idle). if its runs full voltage, the pump is incredibly noisy which is crap for the street.

fuelab also needs speedflow fittings ($$$) whereas the pierburg runs barb fittings where u can fit the fuel hose with hose clamps.

how can i resist a 'suck & blow' pump HA!

• 1 month later...

My rb26 track setup has an intank R32 GTR fuel pump running to a 2-litre surge tank, with an external Walbro DA-27 fuel pump.

When I bought the da-27 around a year ago it was advertised as 305Lph and aimed at the bosch 044 market.

Not after the same powermark, will be limited to around 300rwkw/400rwhp with 550cc siemens & steel-wheeled rebuilt turbos.

What are you going to do with the 3000000 044's you have?

i sold my old boot setup with 044's (u might remember this from my black gtr?) - i still another 2 x 044's though which i'll sell lol

i sold my old boot setup with 044's (u might remember this from my black gtr?) - i still another 2 x 044's though which i'll sell lol

Yeah I remember haha.

how much do you want for one?

The pumps are not for my car. I already have two. Its for a little thing I have made up so I dont have to hold up Jerry cans full of E85. Using a stock GTR pump at the moment but I want something with a bit more flow. pinch.gif

Nah it's not for in the car, I'll take a pic when it's finished, it's a pump in a bracket on some wood with wires to the battery and long rubber hoses out of each end to remove the need for a fuel jiggler-instead you put the Jerry on the floor next to the car, hook the wires onto the battery (alligator clips), put one hose in the Jerry can, the other in the fuel tank then switch the pump on and wait till the Jerry is empty. Means no spills and no need to hold the Jerry can up.

It's using a 34 vspec2 stock pump now but a faster pump would be nice. Thing is this pump was donated, and the whole setup has cost less than $40 combined ($20me $20paul)

Deano 1 - that is the plan, I've had big fuel setups in the past and now want a factory clean look...I'm treating my new gtr with the respect it deserves.

Was it u that met my brother not long ago?