SAU Community

Could R35 Air Ducts Be Used In Later Model Skylines ?

Looks great! Could you post up a picture from the inside of the bonnet?

To be honest u can't see a great deal from under the bonnet & a picture wouldn't be worth taking . As Terry said it sits nicely between the bonnet & heat shield guarding . All the panel beater did was slightly cut away bit of heat shield to have a clear area for the air to flow through. But here are some more pics i took yesterday , i'll take more once weather fines up & can get the car out of garage .

post-77182-0-11812800-1304141742_thumb.jpg

post-77182-0-75698200-1304141862_thumb.jpg

post-77182-0-34168800-1304141927_thumb.jpg

post-77182-0-29207300-1304141948_thumb.jpg

post-77182-0-37802200-1304142301_thumb.jpg

post-77182-0-63869900-1304142332_thumb.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how much did the panel beater charge for painting and fitting if you don't mind me asking?

Couldn't give u an exact figure , as i had other work done at the same time. Had right side guard & front bumper fixed with full front end re-spray / blending . All up for me it was $3000 , including getting the NACA air duct fitted. I reckon it wouldn't be more then $1000 as the whole bonnet would have to be resprayed & blending into both front guards. That would only be if u wanted the air duct to be colour coded with rest of car. Best to talk to your local paint shop for exact quote .

Edited by Tweaky

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2159/article.html

$15.00 special for the boat, the lip at the front detaches the laminar air flow over the vent thus creating a low pressure which inturns draws the air out from under the bonnet removing the hot air from the exhaust and aiding in creating a lower pressure zone under the bonnet for a more efficient cooling system.

Or something like that, LOL.

P.S, I think it looks OK but then Im old and blind.

Just out of curiosity, how much did the panel beater charge for painting and fitting if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Black GT-R on page 1

Panelbeater charged $500 (no paperwk) for cutting > installing NACA Duct ($60), SAAS mesh, moulding them into the bonnet and painting it.

• 3 months later...

Abit of a bump but Ive been looking at one of these. I feel it is something I can do my self. The unit you guys use sits underneath so its definateley more work involved. What I would like to do is get the one that sits in from the top. Kind of like these but this is way too expensive.

http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=19518&cat=&page=1

Are there any single plastic alternatives which sit in from the top? I would imagine its a line up, measure, cut, touch up the cut and treat with rust proofing agent, get the duct painted white matching the car colour code and then glue it into place. Thing is I don't know where I want to put it. I wanted to put it at the front where my intake box is then make a small ducting system in my pod box underneath, but the job you guys have done to let in cool air on the turbo is also awesome.

Where can I pick up one of these bulging ducts?

• 2 years later...