SAU Community

Skyline V Supra Dyno Day July 10

Supra v Skyline Dyno Day

Date: Sunday 10 July 2011

Time: 9:00 am

Address: Gilmore Road, Queanbeyan

Cost: $50 to be paid prior to the Dyno date. $60 for non Supra’s or Skyline’s and cars that would like a run on the day.

BBQ: All proceeds of the BBQ will be donated to a registered charity. I will start another thread to discuss the appropriate charity, basically majority rules...

Hi all

Here comes the 2nd Supra v Skyline dyno day. We have 30 spots to fill to make it a top day. We’re working on prizes and will publish them as soon as they have been locked in. Plenty of time to get some mods done if you choose to and payment prior to the day would be great.

Even though ACT Supra Club is no longer an incorporated entity, they still have a club account so please deposit your money to:

Account Name: ACT Supra Club Inc

BSB: 182-222

Account Number: 122885536

Please PM Ross over at supraforums.com.au or send him an email [email protected] with your payment description or PM Kat or Myself.

Here are the companies that have confirmed to us that they will be providing a prize(s):

• Naz from KMF will be awarding a $250 detail voucher for the most deserving participant car. http://www.kustommotorfinishes.com.au/

• Glen & Grant from ESP (Prize to be detailed). http://www.espracing.com.au/

• Mick & Trent. National Tyre Wholesalers Pty Ltd – Federal Tyres 6280 6109

• Thanks to MSCN Motorsport Mobile as they are sponsoring us for a $150 voucher to spend @ www.mscn.com.au

• Thanks to Dusty at MVP Motorsports for their $50 voucher to spend at www.mvpmotorsports.com

• Thanks to Aaron at Import Monster for their $100 voucher to spend at http://www.importmonster.com.au

• Thanks to Greg at GSL RallySport for voucher (tba) to www.gslrallysport.com

• Thanks to Shane at Gorilla Industries for their $50 voucher to www.gorillaindustries.com.au

For everyone that attended this event last year will remember that the day was not filled with just Skyline’s & Supra’s, obviously they will take precedent but if you know anyone that would be interested in attending then by all means please let them know, they will be eligible for prizes as well.

Now this is a fun day and if you don’t have a sense of humour then you might struggle with some of the rat bags around (that’s me and probably Kat with her silly t-shirt). Now we don’t need any unwanted attention by the boysngirls in blue so, please take it well away from ESP and watch out for gutters... :P

Hope to see you there, either participating or just down for a look.

Spots:

1.CeJay(to pay)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Instead of starting another thread, can anyone suggest some charities that we can send out BBQ proceeds to? So far I've received the following suggestions:

RSPCA

Red Cross - Japan

I would like to start a poll by the end of Monday and lock it in by the end of next week.

The prizes are still a work in progress and there will be a kw per litre prize.

Cheers

RP

A massive thanks to Brett at MSCN Motorsport Mobile for his $150 voucher to spend at www.mscn.com.au

Please check out his website.

Thanks again for your support Brett, it is greatly appreciated.

Here are the companies that have confirmed to me that they will be providing a prize(s):

•Naz from KMF will be awarding a $250 detail voucher for the most deserving participant car. http://www.kustommotorfinishes.com.au/

•Glen & Grant from ESP (Prize to be detailed). http://www.espracing.com.au/

•Mick & Trent. National Tyre Wholesalers Pty Ltd – Federal Tyres 6280 6109

•Thanks to MSCN Motorsport Mobile as they are sponsoring us for a $150 voucher to spend @ www.mscn.com.au

Covering the day, showing the cars on the dyno.

Wouldn't need to be anything expensive or overly flash but I know for one I'd like better coverage of my car than the dodgy phone footage I got last year.

Prize update

MVP Motorsports are sponsoring us for a $50 voucher to spend on their website, go and check it out. One of the best automotive websites to purchase from in my opinion.

Naz from KMF will be awarding a $250 detail voucher for the most deserving participant car. http://www.kustommotorfinishes.com.au

Glen & Grant from ESP (Prize to be detailed). http://www.espracing.com.au/

Mick & Trent. National Tyre Wholesalers Pty Ltd – Federal Tyres 6280 6109

Thanks to MSCN Motorsport Mobile as they are sponsoring us for a $150 voucher to spend @ www.mscn.com.au

Thanks to Dusty from MVP Motorsports for his $50 voucher to MVP Motorsports to spend @ http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/index.shtml

It might be worth sending an email to HPI magazine or the like as they will more than likely show up to cover it. its good local import content and i'm sure they'll be keen for it...

I can film the day, but there isn't much difference between video and photos. The cars don't really provide much action unless it screams or there is a fire.

Who done photos last time? I remember they were really good. I think there is a guy in the Supra club that does photos for EMG.

The idea for the video is to have a split screen.

Basically we need 2 stationary video camera's on tripods. Reason behind this is that the dyno screen for spectators is inside the shop and the dyno is outside and if we can get a split screen of the car on the roller plus the screen with the gragh, then it should give people a perspective as to what's going on.

This will only work if we can get someone that's willing to put the time in to merge the footage together.

I hope this makes sense.