SAU Community

M'mates Place Workshop

Stinky Rooster

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMates-Place/154671114583576?ref=ts&sk=wall

So, I am sure a few of you would have heard about this place, but I finally bit the bullet and took Teh Fury down there to do the long anticipated clutch change, and I can not rate this place highly enough.

For those of you that havent heard of it, its a fully equpied workshop that is available to hire on an hourly basis. All tools etc are supplied, and they even have a brand spanking new downdraft spray booth and fully curtained prep area.

I got handed an awesome workbay that came with a 2 post hoist that you only need 45mm of ground clearance to get on to (great for those of us with lowered rigs) a fully kitted out brand spanking new quality tool kit, and anything I didnt have, al i needed to do was wander over to the tool store and ask for. The place also has a fully decked out lunch bar/diner, fully licensed clubrooms (with bar) and even a place to take a shower when you are done!!!

Oh, and a special mention HAS to be made for Roger, the guy that runs the place. He is one of the nicest blokes I have ever met in the autom/otive industry, bar none. Srsly, the guy is so easy to chat too, has no problems with getting in and lending a hand if needed, is quite knowledgable (one of his daughters runs australia's fastest altered, not to mention the myriad of sponsorships he has with various forms of motorsport around the traps) and also has some of the BEST stories I have ever heard about shennanigans of days of yore. (I recommend asking him about the austin repowered with a volkswagen engine, purely for shits and giggles)

So, the place is awesome, the guy running the show is even awesomer, and he is providing a service we all need.

26032011517.jpg

Saw this advertised at my old work. Looked like a f**king sick idea.

What's the hourly rate for a bay like yours (hoist)?

Keen to know what the prices are like as well teehee.gif

(one of his daughters runs australia's fastest altered)

Went to school with Michelle :) His other daughter was my personal trainer :P Very nice family, I know all his daughters and have met Roger before. Very into their sport, Michelle is a bigger rev-head than most blokes I have met :P Would definitely give him my business!

Edited by Hanaldo

Saw this advertised at my old work. Looked like a f**king sick idea.

What's the hourly rate for a bay like yours (hoist)?

Keen to know what the prices are like as well teehee.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve :P

Oh, and its my experience that these rates "may" be a guide only, as when I recieved my bill, lets just say that I was WELL looked after :thumbsup:

001.jpg

Now, I seem to remember this place was going to get signed up as a sponsor? Get to it admin team.