SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Hi Guys,

I got bored with the Hi-Flow setup on my R34 so i decided to go a better turbo package. I found the Hi-flow combined with the ARC turnflow cooler to be very laggy and overall it wasn't that impressive. The power figure was quite good considering it have a manual boost controller and standard AFM yet it made 255rwkw @ 13-14psi (Spiked to 16psi then dropped real quick)

I typed all this already with all the stats from the old setup but hit a button and deleted the whole page so ill just chuck up the details of the new gear going in for now and ill EDIT this post properly when time permits.

The new setup has been researched and discussed in great detail with JEM (Just Engine Management) and it turned out they had just done a setup nearly identical to what i was after on a customers car, the link to that particular car is http://www.justengin...com/ianr34.html (My car will be almost identical to the setup, just very stealthy with all black piping, cooler, manifolds etc)

Here is the list of what i am doing (Some of the stuff anyhow) -

Garrett 3037 turbo .82 rear

6Boost high mount manifold

Plazmaman plenum

Plazmaman 66mm throttle body

Plazmaman pro series intercooler

Plazmaman piping kit'

Apexi exhaust system

TRUST/GREDDY oil cooler and relocator

GREDDY profec B 2 boost controller

Tial 44mm MV-R external gate

XSPURT 1000cc injectors (SARD 550's not big enough for E85 and will be for sale soon)

Haltech PS2000 ecu with wideband kit (Sold the power FC to get rid of the AFM)

EXEDY cushioned button (Fitted at the moment, will be at its limit i think)

NISMO 1.5/2 way mechanical diff + Nolathane bushes

SELBY swaybars - 27mm front & 24mm rear

ISC camber, caster & traction rods

Superpro adjustable camber bushes

D-Project locking subframe rings

Brown David roll cage with side intrusion bars and harness bar

DRIFT harnesses for both front seats

RECARO SR3 in black with BRIDE rail

Custom dump pipe, intake pipe and airbox yet to be made by JEM

At this stage due to the money limiting the progress, i will hold off on the TOMEI cams and springs that JEM has recommended, but will definitely do them when the money is available. Considering the power (330+ rwkw) that the other R34 is making i wouldn't be in any hurry to do them as this is a street car and it will already be a handful.

The mods above are what i can think of from the top of my head but i know there will be more.

A couple of random pics -

post-47580-0-41304200-1300856130_thumb.jpg

post-47580-0-88068000-1300855968_thumb.jpg

post-47580-0-41764800-1300856070_thumb.jpg

post-47580-0-36788700-1300855891_thumb.jpg

post-47580-0-01020900-1300856210_thumb.jpg

I am NOT aiming for big horsepower or a time attack machine, i am just aiming for an all rounder that is OK on the track and the street too...

Cheers

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add to the list -

ISC 52mm alloy radiator

JJ Silicon radiator hoses

Looking forward to getting it all fitted and tuned, fingers crossed it will be complete soon :thumbsup:

Just to add to the list -

ISC 52mm alloy radiator

JJ Silicon radiator hoses

Looking forward to getting it all fitted and tuned, fingers crossed it will be complete soon :thumbsup:

When are you getting it done? and who is installing it all?

Sounds like a nice simple project

Ah memories...

Choyda - Haha i thought you might spot your old beast eventually... It has been a long time coming but it will be a hell of a difference :thumbsup: hope the GTR is coming along nicely?

Bobby34 - Just Engine Management is my choice as they do amazing work and are pretty passionate about their cars etc... They have done the similar mods to a track car with amazing results, check out their site and look at Ian's R34 and you will see what i am aiming for...

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the bump but i need help...

I did a search on how to clean up the rocker covers but it wasn't very helpful... I don't want a hectic shine, i just want to clean them up as they have gone all crusty and corroded looking... I am trying to keep the engine bay as stealth looking as i can keeping everything in black and silver, but avoiding chrome finishes... Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also, with fitting injectors does anything special need to be done with the O rings? That's one job i don't want to f**k up cus i don't like fire!!!

Once the car gets towed to its new home -

post-47580-0-14277300-1304031540_thumb.jpg

I will get some updated pictures of the progress :thumbsup:

When i did mine i sprayed the o rings with silicon spray and used the injector hats and two bolts to push them into the rail. As in pushed them in till they were snug but not all the way in and the tightened up the hats evenly either side until tight. Two years later and no leaks, and I just took it all out again today!

As with the cam cover have you considered powdercoating? Soooooo easy to keep clean.

• 2 weeks later...

When i did mine i sprayed the o rings with silicon spray and used the injector hats and two bolts to push them into the rail. As in pushed them in till they were snug but not all the way in and the tightened up the hats evenly either side until tight. Two years later and no leaks, and I just took it all out again today!

As with the cam cover have you considered powdercoating? Soooooo easy to keep clean.

Excellent, thanks for the advice =) Ill make a start on it on the weekend once i locate all my tools again...

I hadn't really thought of powerdercoating the covers due to the $$$ situation at the moment, but they look like sh!t the way they are hence i want to clean them up.... Even if i clean then now and just powedercoat them when i do the cams later on, my main goal is to keep it as stealth as possible (Obviously the high mount stands out a bit but the rest should be sweet)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update...

Radiator is fitted, found the fan contacted the original shroud so i swapped the base rubbers around and problem solved...

The injectors, 044 pump, gaskets and Oil/Water line kit all turned up and when i removed the inlet manifold i realised the factory fuel setup with the rail etc is just a mess...

post-47580-0-13147500-1305523790_thumb.jpg post-47580-0-93369800-1305523728_thumb.jpg

To clean up this mess i just purchased a genuine HKS fuel rail kit which will most likely get powder coated black as the Purple isn't exactly suiting my stealth theme - (Pic borrowed from Google) -

post-47580-0-39799400-1305523993_thumb.jpg

Since the inlet came to a halt i decided to remove the turbo and manifold ready for HPC coating and also started removing the old exhaust studs -

post-47580-0-60370600-1305524132_thumb.jpg post-47580-0-08300800-1305524558_thumb.jpg

Once all that is complete i will hook up the oil and water lines etc... What is the correct procedure for the water feed? The GCG kit looks like it requires modification to the existing hard water pipe which means cutting and attaching it that way, is there anyone that can offer any tips on how its done best?

Ill keep working on it, for now any comments or suggestions are welcomed (Unless you are a keyboard warrior that is...)

Cheers

Matt

Just a few updates, Cam covers and fuel rail on their way to Craved Coatings (Cant wait to see Chris work his magic on them as they look like sh!t at the moment)...

post-47580-0-53242500-1306124994_thumb.jpg post-47580-0-82470100-1306125211_thumb.jpg

Also trial fitted the Recaro and f*ck it is comfy and the driving position is pretty much perfect, i was worried it would be too low but its all good!!!

post-47580-0-61916000-1306125508_thumb.jpg

You will be very happy with Chris' powdercoating mate, what colour are you going with?

I'm looking forward to it =D Plenty of awesome looking work on his site, i have decided i will get my rims done too...

I have chosen satin black to match the plenum, cooler and piping. I am keeping with the stealth theme so basically very plain while still looking neat.

It will look good man, Im thinking of setting up my own direct phone line (like the batphone...hahaha)to Chris' shop cause ive been getting so much stuff done there at the moment :whistling:

It will look good man, Im thinking of setting up my own direct phone line (like the batphone...hahaha)to Chris' shop cause ive been getting so much stuff done there at the moment :whistling:

Haha i like the idea =D

On another note, HEL Braided brake lines arrived today.

My car is currently running ENDLESS pads front and rear with ENDLESS rear pads only, the rear pads are roo ted and i am looking at what to do until i can afford big brakes... What are people using for hard street use with occasional track use? Is there a cost effective option without the brake fade, squeeling etc etc???

:thanks:

I always used RB74 front and rear, with the DB4000 front rotors and never got brake fade at wakefield.

not sure what coices i'll have to make with the new brake setup

From memory, the rotors (maybe on the fronts) are Endless as well. Look for the blue colour around the centre.

I remember Centrax mentioned jap rotors don't always go well with non-jap pads.

From memory, the rotors (maybe on the fronts) are Endless as well. Look for the blue colour around the centre.

I remember Centrax mentioned jap rotors don't always go well with non-jap pads.

Yep, the front rotors are Endless mate, rears are stock, i found that out from the stash of receipts.

Ill have to find out what pads best suit the front rotors then, the rears are still stock rotors and i am only looking for a 12mth option until i can look into bigger brakes for track use....

I bought a UAS upgrade kit, 324mm 2 peice rotor with dogbones so I can still use the standard caliper. It's not on the car yet but they meant to be a good upgrade. 800 bucks

I bought a UAS upgrade kit, 324mm 2 peice rotor with dogbones so I can still use the standard caliper. It's not on the car yet but they meant to be a good upgrade. 800 bucks

Got pics and links so i can have a bit of a read up on them? :thumbsup:

Yep, pics in my build thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/352123-project-gr33dd/

1st page in the first post after my little story. I dont have a link for the uas site but I'm pretty sure they are on there, I was actually there for something else but I'm kind of like a bower bird and like shiny stuff.......hahaha