SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to Dale's effort in getting me the swaybars etc i've now got them in but im going to have to spend some time tweaking it, although its nice and firm ive had to back the shock's down and now i think im goin to have bigger prolblems with bottoming out in dips etc.

ahwell thats the fun part i guess trying to find the settings to make it handle nice allround.

• 4 weeks later...

not much to update atm but i am getting my rims repaired after an altercation with a roundabout island which i lost LOL i swear it jumped out at me

and still waiting on my new bonnet and rear chassis brace.

still wondering if i should bother putting the F-con in yet.......... it would help because i am getting a fair bit of overfueling especially seeing at the BOV is venting to astmosphere and on gear change / lift of throttle i get some good backfires :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go current mod's to date.

Power Duct and BMC Airfilter, Scotty's Dump Pipe, Fully Custom 3" Stainless Steel Xforce Exhaust, Phenolic Intake Spacer, HDi Intercooler, Turbosmart Dual port BOV, Dale's custom 2.5" Sutcion Pipe and Scotty's Wastegate Actuator.

post-83704-0-48921900-1345327408_thumb.jpg

Weird graph with the converter locking up on the original run and staying locked up after, did you cut any wires or is that a result of playing with settings?

How does she drive anyway? I'm sure you feel the torque drop off after 5k... Time for a highflow? :whistling:

still need to find out why im dropping off on boost, its ever since i changed all the vacuum hoses ahwell im happy any way might save the turbo a bit longer

Boost will always drop off a little due to the pressure in the manifold skyrocketing and blowing the puck open, the spring only helps so much. Do you have a controller?

the graphs are different at the bottom due to different throttle application.

we disconnected the manual boost T and are running it straight from the BOV to the Wastegate.

its a bit hard to describe but u can feel the extra power but overall the car is alot tamer than before, its very strong down low and very driveable on the freeway.

the car just sounds healthier has a nice crisp note to it now and damn does that suction pipe make some noise!!!

the cars just so different to drive i'll have to see how it goes over the next few weeks (mainly only use it on the weekend)

anyways just finished mounting the computer in the dash so gonna go out and drive it!!!!!!

Nice Theo.

Glad you find it nice and smooth to drive. You'll have some fun at the drags I think. A programmable boost controller will take care of that drop off. Does the ECU have that function?

Are you still running off the AFM sensor? What Volts did you get up to?

Did you get a chance to over lay with my 3rd gear pull?