SAU Community

Turbo Timer Vs Alarm

Luke HCR32

I recently had a viper paging alarm installed on my R32 GTS-T Type-M, I know that this alarm is capable of a turbo-timing function but none of the installers in Adelaide would set this up. Since then I have purchased a second hand Blitz turbo timer which already has R32 ignition looms, other than these looms there is two wires, I believe one is an earth and the other is for handbrake cutoff. Would I be better off getting the viper turbo timer going? Would the installation of the Blitz timer interfere with the alarm or compromise the vehicles security in any way? Would the immobilizers stops the timer from functioning? Where do you actually run the handbrake cutoff wire to?Cheers in advance,

Luke

Given turbo timers are illegal, I'm not surprised none of the installers would set it up.

ADR 25 requires that the normal function of the engine only occurs when the ignition lock is in the engine on position

Really - do you need a turbo-timer, is it that hard to not drive the car on-boost for the last 60 seconds of your journey?

Installing turbo timers in conjunction with an alarm is a pain in the ass. Because the alarm is trying to arm the car and enable the immobiliser but the car is still running with the turbo timer. So you have to set it up with relays so the alarm can be armed with the turbo timer still running.

kinda pointless anyway. the alarm is probably the one I think and I could probably roll start the car quite easily. leave the timer in there and it will make it a LOT easier for me to hotwire it and piss of with the car.

think about what I just said.

any car security I do the timer GETS TOSSED. the customer hasa little say in it.

I use alarms that will drop 3 or more circuits and are capable of a timer function IF the customer requests it.

the ADR is quite correct. that is a defect notice if you get ont eh wrong side of someone. sit with the car for a extra minute - easier and cheaper.

Installing turbo timers in conjunction with an alarm is a pain in the ass. Because the alarm is trying to arm the car and enable the immobiliser but the car is still running with the turbo timer. So you have to set it up with relays so the alarm can be armed with the turbo timer still running.

you mean like this:

183197_10150190491279942_187393709941_8976268_2143027_n.jpg

cut that one out about a week and a half ago. thats what 90% of them look like when they try to plonk a timer into an alarm.

it DOES NOT look like that now.

Hahaha yeah that's it. For reference I don't know how to make them work together in harmony but I have had it explained to me years ago and I remember there was a shitload of extra wiring and relays that needed to be used.

Personally I hate alarms and if I could go back I would have never installed mine. Nothing but dramas. Fuel pump kill switch is the best anti theft install.

nice rats nest , chris..lol

suprised the car worked at all.hahaha

turbo timers= defect.

alarms that have built in turbo timers= defect if used /hooked up

Iphone app that starts the car/ etc = defect as well.(for now)

just sit in the car for 30-60 seconds, dont fang it then shut it off.

my alarm works with the turbo timer u need to get the right alarm and it was easy to put in and didnt have to do anything extra, cut the fuel and start and shit but no relays or hooking alarm up with turbo timer or anything need to go to the right people, alarms and turbo timers i fit all the time but

theres an app for that????? lol

and i got mine comlied, RWC and regoed with a turbo timer.....lol

and my little bro has a few mild issues with his alarm and turbo timer getting confused with each other too. but he normally leaves the stereo running so the sub sets the alarm off anyways!!

mine apparently has a factory alarm??? says it on the window, and ive managed to set it off while walking away from the car on the way to the shops (looked like a right twat standing next to a car with the horn and lights going off, madly pressing buttons to get it to shutup)....fudged if i know how it works (if it works), but i know it makes noise.

you mean like this:

183197_10150190491279942_187393709941_8976268_2143027_n.jpg

cut that one out about a week and a half ago. thats what 90% of them look like when they try to plonk a timer into an alarm.

MEDUSA with more than static electricity >_<