SAU Community

6Boost Rb26Dettt Manifold Install

I have pulled my motor out to install some 6Boost Manifolds. I have found some issue's, most expected.

-OEM water and boost hard pipes that run beside the rocker cover don't fit

-OEM twin turbo pipe doesn't fit. I have a hard pipe kit here and will update you all if it works

-Manifolds aren't even. 4mm out. If I hold one up and then tighten I can get it down to 2mm. Not to bad but I hope my Front pipe fits ok

-Both manifolds just foul on the head. I will have to grind the head tabs down as I also need the clearance for heat wrap

There is no doubt these will make more power with better spool over my stainless items. I will be on the dyno to confirm

Matt

Pictures tell the story:

4cf66aa9.jpg

c9b4e905.jpg

8200f9fa.jpg

4d1a93cf.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diameter wise - whats the internal of the pipe?

Just thinking if it's actually larger, will it hinder perhaps due to lower velocity etc?

The runners are certainly longer ye?

Be interesting to see results. Certainly a pain RE: OEM piping/lines, but given the length of the runners that would be unavoidable regardless

Diameter wise - whats the internal of the pipe?

Just thinking if it's actually larger, will it hinder perhaps due to lower velocity etc?

The runners are certainly longer ye?

Be interesting to see results. Certainly a pain RE: OEM piping/lines, but given the length of the runners that would be unavoidable regardless

The OD is ~42.5 same as my stainless mani's

The also are ~1.7times longer

Any gain will be amplified at my power levels so we should be able to see and get a accurate % for others to make a eductated decision if the install hastle and cost is worth the effort

Edited by BoostdR

Indeed, will be good to see.

1.7x longer is interesting.

Dyno might not show difference when loaded up in terms of response, you'll have to get some seat of pants action going :D

Pics of old manifold by chance?

Indeed, will be good to see.

1.7x longer is interesting.

Dyno might not show difference when loaded up in terms of response, you'll have to get some seat of pants action going :D

Pics of old manifold by chance?

e1312463.jpg

Wow didn't even know these existed. Can I ask:

1) Any dummy fitment done to see how these clear the strut towers etc?

2) the collector pipe - does it not fit by a little or is it just a completely different thing? ie is the hard pipe setup roughly similar in configuration to the OEM stuff, just some minor changes, or totally different? Just wondering if it's achievable for the DIYer (most of my inlet is now custom).

3) sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere, but what are the turbos?

4) is it intended that the mounting position of the turbos would enable the OEM y-pipe to connect up to the dumps? Or is completely different setup required?

1. clearance to the strut towers not an issue

2. No chance of fitting the twin turbo pipe. The hard pipe kit I have routes differently to the OEM..away from the rocker cover

3. GTRS

4. Front pipe is meant to be a direct fitment

post-49288-0-77962600-1299210203_thumb.jpg

You will need to modify your aftermarket 'twin turbo' pipe. The rear will foul the front manifold.

Front pipe will bolt in, no dramas there.

I had an issue with the stock rear o2 sensor fouling. That may have been due to the aftermarket dump pipes though.

Cheers,

Johno

how do you get 4mm out? if so your front pipe will be 4mm out to... in wghat dimention are they 4mm differant?

The turbo flange level (height) when mounted is 4mm different. One is higher than the other.

Update

I have ground about 2mm off my head tabs, now has enough clearance for the manifolds with heat wrap.

The manifold flanges are also threaded, why I don't know. They will have to drilled out to allow the turbo studs to poke through.

I have ordered some black braided stainless line and AN fittings for the water lines. I have also found a -6AN To 3/8 barb to join at the back of the Plenum. I will post up my order list soon.

Matt