SAU Community

Ls1R31

Hey guys. Got 2 R31's this is my track car build. Long story short

Built a R31 with a 25DET in it, people said i was nuts to trash it on the track cos its neat, so i got it engineered instead also has JIC coilovers all round

Mallala.jpg

Phonepics196.jpg

P2280477.jpg

So then i wanted something different instead of a 25 or 26 so went LS1. Nothing to hard, got the car in October finished it in december lol. Did the engine mounts n gearbox xmember myself fitted all the gear to basically get it there, suspension n brakes. Wanted to get it done for a jaustech private day on december 23rd. unfortunately it didnt make it due to a faulkty relay but we didnt pick it up. Anthony from jaustech had it wired n running in a day lol. So yeh, this is my 2 month build

Photodump lol

2011-02-25125109.jpg

2011-02-05145342.jpg

Noice328.jpg

phonepics435.jpg

phonepics439.jpg

phonepics441.jpg

phonepics442.jpg

2011-02-15160732.jpg

2011-02-05145603.jpg

2011-01-27162138.jpg

Made 245atw on a mainline. Mafless tune n edit, full exhaust with 2 3/4 with a canon on the back lol

There ya go, a few pics of the build.......Enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanx mate. It was good fun doing it, something different. Its very pokey, which i love lol. Just have to try and organise a tailem day soon

yeh nothing to exciting tho

ile link sum youtube

This was anthony just driving it into the workshop, shit fone sound

This was on the way home, put my foot down for a split second in second gear, 1min 20sec...... was on a mates tradeplates so didnt want to be stupid. had already been pulled over once lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8RcNGBZtQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the belated reply....Actually forgot i had this thread!! It was a little expensive, but the main cost was the motor and box....hard to find a manual!

Well here are a couple of vids from my first drift practice and drift school

:rofl:

The S2 RB25 31 is mint in the tin i must admit! Such care taken with that car. And then to drop a v8 into another 31 is pure madness but yet smart.

Keep up the great work Mark. I want to see you link all of Lala :P

I love watching these vids... I'm currently half way into having an LS1 go into my R33...

As you mentioned, it is an expensive excercise... Especially if you crack the shits and pay someone to do alot of labour for you... LOL

f**k- another liner with Ls1. Good shit dudes, as far as i know the Ls1 is quite a light engine too, so it prob doesnt add too much weight. I would kill to drive a skyline with the grunt of a chev! Plus modifying those engines is quite cheap, so im sure its only a matter of time before we see some crazy ass 450rwkw chev powered skyline!

The LS1 and T56 works out around 20KG lighter then an RB20 and gearbox.

I'm coming from an RB30DET and R33 box, so should be saving around 50KG, as well as shifting weight more into the middle of the car.

Cheers guys. HAHA 31 pimp, classic!! Yeh it is slightly lighter all up. But suprisingly its awesome to drive, very throttle controlable which i love, not a shitload of steering coz so far i have done alot with the right foot lol....just love the torque of it :devil:

The torque of a good v8 is unbeatable imo. Dont get me wrong, i love my rb's but i know that personally i can drive a v8 a bit more to its potential. I just find it easier to manage with the big fat even power curve!

Having said that, i cant drive for shit in comparison to some of the drifters/racers i have seen on vid in this forum.

Haha, yeh thats it. The 25 n ls1 are nearly the same power, but yeh, the V8 has my vote for good fun, just needs to rev harder. Makes power to 5700rpm, but revs to 6400 lol. You can hear the leveling of the power when im going around turn 1. No biggie though, ile learn how to drive first, that was my first practice ever......8 laps lol and drift school, about 3 hrs in the car all up. I just cant wait for the next day......:rofl2: 10th of June Ad's, tailem bend.

That looks like fun! Ive always been a import man but owned a few holdens vl bt1, supercharged stato ( that was fun ). But the other night i went in my mates vp ss which has been built with 350 hp and i can say its a different sort of power was a lil scary ( more scared of my mates driving ) he started doing a burnout 1st, 2nd & by the time we hit 3rd fryed a set of tyres lol.