SAU Community

R34 Audio Wiring

robjay

Hi Team r34 2000 audio wiring example help needed,

Yes I have searched for this and anything that came close to my wiring did not match some wires.

I need to map the r34audiowiring photo to the targetjvc wiring photo.

The thing is I did spend hours searching for the wiring diagram and found some things that looked promising but when looked at closely some pins were missing in places they should have been and the colours did not match up.

I was once game to trial and error but not any more, certainly on my 180sx I have done this a few times with no dramas but this setup is far more mismatched and undocumented.

Hope someone can do me a translation :) I would be very very happy this weekend.

The only thing I can get for sure is the brown and light brown inner pair on the bigger connector is a speaker.

post-72381-0-22751100-1297350742_thumb.jpg

post-72381-0-94729400-1297351274_thumb.jpg

Oh I think that the big connector maps all the speakers out as in 8 lines map out 4 speakers.

But the rest I just am not game enough to trial &error.. :(

Theres a pink wire out there as well as what looks like coax antenna which I have accidentally ripped - also whats not clear is that there is a fused line which I think is the 12v battery?

All in all too risky to just give it a go n see..

you might be in over your skill set ????? sorry for assuming that

the wires wont match up directly, if your "stuck" already take it to a pro, before you set off the airbag or fry one of the computers

and the coax will now need some solder(some skill) to fix if you expect to get any radio channels?

I have mounted everything nice and snug, and have a fair idea on what I'm doing however like I said I dont know which wire is which speaker and which wire is power /gnd/ign etc due to the fact that there are no Nissan wiring diagrams that match these what should be factory plugs.

No I'm not soldering - crimping instead.

Otherwise I will need to get a multimeter & do some testing. :)

Change of plans,

I ended up following these examples

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gq-y60-ford-maverick-11/audio-wiring-colours-mean-what-19575/

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~74637~PN~1

Also this diagram http://www.scribd.com/doc/4742725/The-Install-Dr-Nissan-Skyline-Stereo-Wiring is 100% correct - what threw me was the different colors. For r34's use the bottom one of course.

Also - remove the band expander if you have one, however my radio is not connected as the jap 2 pronged plug needs to be matched to a standard aerial male plug.

And did it myself - why? well dont take this to heart but Perth is a fairly boganised place that stocks the most common parts that are - mostly falcon, commodore, camry, magna etc parts. Nowhere could I find an AERPRO adapter in perth for nissan of that model after phoning around Supercheap, Repco,Jaycar and Alltronics

Err more generalisation, Perth is a mining town where - certain services and businesses are simply not found within a 15km radius south of perth so.. .not only that they are either fully booked or closed .

• 1 year later...

All good, found them online and should have it soon :)

As for my TV in the Dayz, I am guessing that will just never get digital TV unless I put a set top box in the car lol

Yes you can without set top box , you need a digital tv antenna( 200 bucks) plus install thru metal of car or some diversity tv antennas for digital works but not on small cars like a coupe only wagons , trucks etc , on the move digital tv is really hard to lock on to , i have it (i don't watch it while moving ) but you can listen to digital radio moving legally

You could output to back seat and use the radio upfront still

You also need a digital radio with digital tv ( most are analog or only digital radio still only a few exist) DAB-T

and you can interface multiple screen from those units but i use a video amp/ multiscreen control

You can watch 4 different sources to 4 different screens , be great in a wagon with kids lol

and you have to deal with digital lock pixels , some places will block signal no matter what you use for antenna , hell even my home tv with a digital ready antenna locks up random for a split second ?

Another option is in car pc

Or ipad on 3g

But anything is possible With enough $$$$ and skills