SAU Community

Genuine Evo Vi Rs For Sale - Fully Complied And Rego'd

Hi Guys,

I'm putting my EVO VI RS up for sale. It's an awesome car, but my new GTR has arrived and that's the car I want to play with so others have to go.

This car was bought at auction in japan by my very good friend Mark Hocking who is a master of spotting the good cars. This car presented very well with some nice mods, plus still all the genuine RS gear on it and NO ACCIDENT HISTORY. It's in amazing condition and so much fun to drive.

It's been workshop modified in japan for a bit more power and a nice upgrade to the handling. With LSDs front rear and centre and the close ratio box it's like driving a giant go kart. If you drive it positively (ie on the gas) it just hooks up and turns hard. Great through any twisty roads.

For those who don't know the RS model is the special racing model of Lancer EVO's. It's like an N1 model GTR. They are meant as a base for a balls out race car, but do make great road cars too. They have all the gear needed to go fast and are stripped of the luxurys that weigh cars down.

On top of being a genuine and low KM RS model this car has been extensively modified and tuned by Cyber EVO. yes the people who built and tuned Tarzan Yamada's 2010 WTAC winning Cyber EVO tuned this car. Full details below.

The car details:

It's a 1999 Evo 6 RS

kms = 49,000 (genuine kms)

asking price $31,000 - fully complied and with 8 months QLD rego on it currently

The car has an upgraded turbo (exact spec unkown but very responsive and currently putting out 210kw at all 4 wheels)

Volk TE37s front and rear (17X9.5 front and 17X8.5 rear = more front track improves handling)

Dunlop Super high performance road tyres, 255/40/17 all round.

Rays forged duralumin lock nuts

Genuine close ratio RS gearbox (amazing to drive)

wind up windows as per all RS models

no climate control just basic aircon as per RS models

lightweight glass as per all RS models

RS model seats (different to regular EVO models)

Cusco pillow ball upper suspension mounts

Front springs 12K Rear springs 9K (springs are SWIFT - the best in the world)

Ohlins adjustable coilovers (among the best of the best)

ARC twin bar Titanium strut tower bar

Cyber tuned ECU (yes the legendary EVO tuners of the Cyber EVO tuned this car)

Rear Okuyama Carbing Strut bar and front lower support bar

ARC Titanium manifold heat shield

Custom carbon fibre radiator mounts

Exedey Hyper Compe-R twin plate clutch

Front LSD is cusco MZ type

Centre LSD is genuine RS LSD

Rear LSD is Cusco MZ type (gymkhana spec)

Rear Differential mount spacers installed for better diff angle

front and rear brake rotors are Marvel type slotted rotors

Brake Pads are race spec Garage TT pads

Suede momo deep dish steering wheel

HKS power flow intake

MONSTER Intercooler piping

Worksrail custom Suction pipe/intake pipe

Beatrush alluminium airbox

Tomei Exhaust Manifold

Tomei dump pipe/outlet pipe

Apexi Front pipe

Trust Ti-R Full Titanium exhaust (beautiful sound and super light, 80mm exhaust)

Sard sports catalyzer (over $1000 for this proper racing cat)

NGK sports plugs (heat range 8)

Top Fuel Power NEO

Ultra ignition leads

D-Jac Earth wiring system

Sard Fuel Pump

Fuel pump direct wire kit with relay (supplies full power to pump)

Trust Profec B II boost controller

front windscreen lightweight "speedglass"

Body reinforcement for added rigidity (includes some stitch welding etc - all professionally done)

Reinforced engine mounts

Oil pressure gauge

Water Temp gauge

Engine Knock gauge (very handy and $$$)

Billion low temp thermostat

Section Engine Torque damper

Cusco Racing model oil catch tank

KBC Shift wire

PIAA HID Head light kit (genuine PIAA kit)

Tomei Sump Baffle kit

Tomei Reinforced timing belt upgrade

J-speed aluminium pulley kit

J-speed stainless clutch hose

M Arts front bumper

Blitz Shift knob

Kenwood Audio IK-7

This is a super fast road car and would make an awesome weekend track toy or as a base for a more serious track car. Genuine RS models are pretty rare and finding one in good road condition is hard. On top of that I do not know of any other genuine RS's that have been fully complied for road use in any state in aus, many have rally rego etc but having full compliance is a big advantage. To take a normal evo and turn it into an RS would cost 10s of thousands and it's still not an original RS. This car has all the goodies plus more and you can see everything on it is top shelf, Cyber tuned ECU, TE37s, titanium exhaust, cusco diffs etc etc. It's a top level car.

Car is in Sydney, for further details contact me via pm. PICS to come.

• Like 1

Hehe, will exchange for beer but it'd have to be a few cases at least.

Yeah it's a great car. Very nicely modded and like new. Very well rounded, good suspension, good power, reliable and very rewarding to drive.

Anyone whose interested just shoot me a pm. I've got my new GTR now and want to get going on it. As usual need the space and $. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't say it was complied without airbags... :blush: it was all complied correctly. happy to explain in further detail to any interested party or via pm etc but don't really want to clog the thread with a compliance snooze-fest. but suffice to say it wasn't cheap to comply and like any other car takes some time and money to do properly and legally. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Must sell evo. girlfriend will kick me out soon and I'll be sleeping in the evo instead of in my bed. :domokun:

someone come and take it away. it is up there in the top most fun cars I've owned/driven and I've had some good ones from big power R32s, RX7 RZ (also up there), R35 GTR etc but the evo is very light, very responsive and with the close ratio box and the LSDs it's like a massive go-kart on steroids!

The mods list on this thing is very comprehensive but nothing is over the top. it's all very neat and all workmanship is top workshop quality (done at Cyber Evo in Japan).

Interested in a swap for a tidy, sorted(440kw) r32 GTR?

thanks for the offer mate, but I already own 2 X R32 GTRs. :blush: probably will sell one of them soon too as 1 is more than enough at the moment. :(

440kw is a bit more than 'sorted' too! I would say my second 32 with 350kw is sorted but 440 is just hang on and see where the car takes you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just put a cover over it, wait 2-3 years and I'll buy it off you!

Seriously awesome car, if I had the cash I'd definitely take it off you.

already got 3 cars in that state the moment (32 GTR, Silvia and truck)!! if you do a job lot and buy all 4 i'll think about it. :)

and no straight swap for you mr smart. though I do like the blue colour. it's a bit different.