SAU Community

G35 Coupe Halos Diy Guide

Ok so after 3 shipments of Halo/ Angel eyes rings i finally found the right ones!

2003 G35 Coupe non projector headlights

CCFL Angel Eyes, 106mm / 4.175-inch x2

CCFL Angel Eyes, 94mm / 3.70-inch x2

I got mine from http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/operatic98/

They are the enclosed style ones, not the flimsy 'naked' style ones.

Step 1: Remove headlights.

Guide can be found here:

Step 2: Bake in oven

I found a post about oven temps, i followed his guide: http://my350z.com/forum/8257901-post179.html

250F for 10-15mins, turn it down to 225F (107C) and bake the lights for 13mins

Step 3: Mounting the halos

As you take the headlights apart mount the halos in place with some electrical tape, make sure the chrome part of the halo is at the very bottom of the housing so the wires can be hidden later on.

IMG_1388.jpg

Step 4: Gluing the halos in place

What i did was just glue each corner of the halos in and put the lens (not housing) back in the oven so the glue sets faster. The oven was off, just remnant heat.

I used Acetic cure silicone {high temp rating clear} as it is what i have at home, but if you have to go buy it, a high temp clear gasket silicone would prob be better.

Once you have done each corner and its been in the oven you can take the tape off and fill in the rest of the halo with silicone.

IMG_1394.jpg

Step 5: Running the halo wires

One side (cant remember if L or R) both wires will run through near the top adjustment screws so they poke out the back of the housing (when u take the lid off) and the others will run in two separate directions. One in the top left corner and one in the bottom right. This way they cant be seen when you put the lens cover back on the housing.

IMG_1400.jpg

Step 6: Putting the lens and house back together

Once you have run the halo wires to the back of the fog light cover, zip lock the ends of the two cables together. For now sit them back inside the housing. Put the fog light covers back on. Sit the lens back on the housing and reheat the oven same as before, put it back in and then once times up, take it out, use hand towels and push the lens back into the housing and hold until it dries.

Step 7: Mounting the inverter

Once headlights have cooled get some 3M dual lock velcro tape.

Place the dual lock tape in the middle of the inverter and leave the opposite side of the tape on so you will be able to feel where you need to stick the other side on the headlight housing, just inside the fog lamps cover. It will look somewhere like this.

IMG_1398.jpg

From the outside it will look like this, now u can see why i ran the halo wires i did. So they connect to the top of the inverter and be push inside the housing and hidden.

IMG_1402.jpg

Step 8: Running the inverter wires

The positive and negative wires you can run through the rubber grommet of the fog light cover like so.

IMG_1405.jpg

Step 9: Wiring to the parkers

Get some crimps, 4 in total. You will need to cut the negative and positive wires of the parkers, strip them back and then reconnect the 2 ends but add in the halos in the process, neg with neg, pos with pos.

IMG_1408.jpg

Step 10: Put them back on the car !

Test them first!!

IMG_1390.jpg

Then install

IMG_1412.jpg

Left

IMG_1419.jpg

Right

IMG_1417.jpg

When lights are off

IMG_1421.jpg