SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Is that figure per strut?

That was for the pair

Did you remove & check the ball ends on the body when the struts were out?

About 2 weeks after I had mine regassed I snapped one off.

Very annoying.

I didn't remove them, did look them over and they looked to be in good nick.

The strut guy actually refitted them to ensure they'd have sufficient force to hold the boot & raise it easily. Oddly enough, he'd done a few M35s and said that each of them had different pressure ratings on the struts, not vastly different - always north of 1000nm.

That was for the pair

The strut guy actually refitted them to ensure they'd have sufficient force to hold the boot & raise it easily. Oddly enough, he'd done a few M35s and said that each of them had different pressure ratings on the struts, not vastly different - always north of 1000nm.

You won't see a potentially damaged one; they snap the threaded shaft about halfway down, leaving 10mm of thread in the car body. It can also scar the paint on the inside of the C pillar and roof edge if you're really unlucky. I was incredibly lucky not to damage the paint when mine broke.

Support the hatch, pop the struts off, and remove the ball ends. Check the threaded shank for cracking; and remove the rubber washers (if fitted).

If they're undamaged, you've only wasted 20 mins. It took me twice that to get the broken piece out of mine.

One of mine snapped and damaged the roof as I closed the rear door. The other side snapped as I undid it to replace the ball.

Ouch! Will check them out over the weekend then, good tip Scotty & Dale! :cheers:

• Like 1

Fitted a walbro today and gave her a service.

Also booked it in to finally get the adaptronic and tune done. 25th of august can't come soon enough

• Like 2

Fitted a walbro today and gave her a service.

Also booked it in to finally get the adaptronic and tune done. 25th of august can't come soon enough

Did you run the relay and fuse back to the battery mate?

That was for the pair

I didn't really proof read my question...just to clarify, I meant are your struts 1200nm per strut?

Love Bluetooth in the car. CCS did the work?

Thinking about using them for a new alarm; they seem very thorough.

Yep, I did go through CCS - they're not far from home for me either, which helps!

i've been really busy with my stagea lately, i changed my rear subframe.

S14 subframe fits in good, got all adjustable arms in the rear now.

changed the rear wheel bearings too. rolled my guards aswell. :happy:

well fitted the Cusco brake stopper on the 260rs and it really improved the braking response. Definitely best mod and easiest for improving brakes!

Last couple of weeks installed new upper rear ajustsble control arms, new bushes for rear sway bar , new front sway bar bushes, and a new battery on Thursday, got one of those new green battery's from battery world

Going to tackle cleaning my coils and putting electro paste on them to see if I can resolve my miss around the 5k rpm mark

Edited by poohkies

well fitted the Cusco brake stopper on the 260rs and it really improved the braking response. Definitely best mod and easiest for improving brakes!

Have you done brake lines as we'll? Very interested in doing this