SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

heres my entry form, just qualifies :laugh:

tune300.jpg

RED..pulp @ 15psi (E85 @ 15psi made 288kw)

BLUE...17.5 psi on E85

GREEN..21.5 psi on E85

As you can see the extra psi stopped making enough difference to be worthwhile. 18psi is about where I wanted to be anyway so its worked out good..

The torque increase through the midrange on E85 is brilliant, makes it so much more driveable in regular traffic situations..and after 20min or so driving around I opened the bonnet to find a very cool motor..

Anyway its no T67 but it is very nice and responsive to drive, with more than enough power to get me into trouble..

Should keep me satisfied for a while.. :) good diff and tyres on the want list now..

What turbo is that

heres my entry form, just qualifies :laugh:

RED..pulp @ 15psi (E85 @ 15psi made 288kw)

BLUE...17.5 psi on E85

GREEN..21.5 psi on E85

As you can see the extra psi stopped making enough difference to be worthwhile. 18psi is about where I wanted to be anyway so its worked out good..

The torque increase through the midrange on E85 is brilliant, makes it so much more driveable in regular traffic situations..and after 20min or so driving around I opened the bonnet to find a very cool motor..

Anyway its no T67 but it is very nice and responsive to drive, with more than enough power to get me into trouble..

Should keep me satisfied for a while.. :) good diff and tyres on the want list now..

What turbo is that? looks almost identical to my graph.

post-50426-0-73095900-1339503692_thumb.jpg

Realistically it doesnt matter if u get the 3" or the 2.4"...... But if u go the 2.4" ull be able to use the stock intake pipe for teh epic stealth ;) just need to make a heatshield to cover the gate.

If I had an RB20 powered car I would probably do the exact setup we are talking about. Stock manifolds, TD05H 18G with a gate off the housing. Stealthed up and stock position. Like I said 230-240kw and it would be pretty responsive/solid. Ive recently done a TD05H 18G SR20DE and that is a weapon. Faster than a 260rwkw 3076R SR20DET (both S13s).

can u fit the td05 in the stock turbo position?

and ive got one of those china split dump screamers (havnt used it yet) could i just run an internal gate td05 with this so i dont even need a wastegate?

I think the lil 20G is flat out at 300-315rwkws depending on dyno and setup. Are you running cam gears? Love to see you back to back your car with an exhaust manifold now rather then play with a T67 :) Could end up no different but would be interesting :)

well I dropped mine off for tuning today. Bit of let down really but nothing super bad. Turns out my AFM is too close to the turbo and is causing it to be a pain the ass. The real issue was that it was spiking uncontrollably. ASG told me to change how the waste gate merges with the collector on the manifold. Does any 1 have any input on how it should be changed. The manifold is 1 of the NZ steel 1's from the other thread. and the gate is a Compgate 40.

Chris

I'm running stock cam gears still and stock airbox..that could be worth couple hundred rpm lag..either way it is what is and should keep me content for a while..If I get bored a simple 25g + manifold conversion could net me 100kw extra.But for now, she'll be right..

Cheers Roy, actually no I don't have a pic but I'll take 1 tommrow. My manifold looked just like this 1 but we actaully extended the waste gate pipe about 50-100mm to put the waste gate into a more user friendly spot. Maybe that was a mistake also.

rb253.jpg

LOL, for what its worth i run a dirty old HKS filter in my engine bay with no shielding just a duct to it :whistling: I am going back to std airbox so I hope it isnt going to hurt power

Yeh, I am betting its the length of pipe before the manifold. Some people have problems with the 6boost having boost creep when they plumb the gate down near the steering rack rather than high up near the collector. Thats the reason I got rid of my Trust Type R gate as it was too large to package near the collector.

gallery_462_50_238480.jpg

ahhhhhhh cheers for the heads up. Yours really is close to the manifold. I'm pretty sure I can get my gate up a fair bit closer to the manifold. if not whats your feeling on me replacing the 40mm pipe with say a 50mm pipe while still using a 40mm gate.