SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Interesting, is that on a 2.6,2.8 or 3.0, I have had good success with the twin GT-RSs so far but the exhaust side is becoming a restriction on the 3.0

So even the TD05s with the slightly bigger exhaust wheel and a good comp wheel should help

Will be interested to know if the 68HTA comp wheel can be fitted to either TD05s or TD06s

This is in reference to 2L motors in single IWG configuration.

I believe that the resultant geometry of the enlarged housing (its made for TD05H wheel) is not adequate for the 61mm TD06SL2 and the character sucks. Both parties I know of have struggled to exceed much over the 200kw mark. A change of turbos has resulted in far superior results, one of them switching back to a Kando TD05H-18G (T518Z).

I think the mentioned 9 blade TD05H combined with the 68HTA wheel could be mighty promising at your level, but am not sure the cost exercise would yield benefits over pre-fabed Kando billet 16G units.

Never heard of that issue but don't really know anyone who has tried a T25 TD06 kando off the top of my head... Though I was sure I had heard of them.

A really quick Google brought this totally reasonable result up and no evidence of any dramas, can you point us at any reads on the drama you are talking about?

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/nissan-infiniti-tech/814254-kinugawa-20g-turbo-review.html

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hypergear mentioned some thing about housing geometry in their latest T28 turbo. Not sure what size they ended up using, their latest ATR28 ss2 is pretty amazing for a little SR.

He cropped the larger turbine until it was the maximum size the T28 housing could accept.

Lith, 260 is a very reasonable result. The two I know of (known from face to face interaction) failed to exceed 220kw.

Well it seems it is definitely possible, hard to know what to read from it when a couple go wrong... Entirely possible there was something else at play there but with so little info it's a bit hard to make a sweeping judgement. I do know someone who recently had a poor result with a completely unrelated brand of turbo where someone shoved a big wheel into a non native turbine housing and that bombed quite badly so it seems plausible I guess. I wish I could remember where I am sure I heard or saw someone with a similar combo which made good power, as it was discussed when we were plotting development for my mates S14. The 16G was selected because it was going to suit better, we had no indication or assumption a T25 TD06 would underperform, well aside from the fact that with stock cams it wouldn't make too much over 200kw on petrol.

. Hence not being considered a great match for his needs as he was unlikely to upgrade anything else for sometime to come

• 2 weeks later...

I know this question has been asked many times but If any one has first hand experience with the Kinugawa Td06h-20g 8cm Rb20det bolt on kits that are internally gated Please Say what you think.

Ive heard that the gates are to small and cause bad boost spike?

Ive been told they dont spike as much if you run a higher Boost through it ( around 18 Pound ).

Ive tried to search other places and havnt found much, just people bagging them out.

I don't have first hand experience but have read In other forums that people are just modifying the waste gate and having no problems at all. I know they get to it with a die grinder and bore it out a bit and the flap seems to be fine how it is.

T67 looks like its going to fit fairly easily with a 25mm or 30mm spacer

looks like there room to go even bigger turbo (if air con is removed to make the inlet easy)

(this is on a 34 gtt) I'll post pics once I find a spacers that's not $95

feel free to tell me what stud sizes I need to :)

Interesting, is that on a 2.6,2.8 or 3.0, I have had good success with the twin GT-RSs so far but the exhaust side is becoming a restriction on the 3.0

So even the TD05s with the slightly bigger exhaust wheel and a good comp wheel should help

Will be interested to know if the 68HTA comp wheel can be fitted to either TD05s or TD06s

For some reason I thought I responded to this - of course they can :D I had even been pondering trying to buy some bits and making some hybrid things to experiment with though I'm not sure if I am THAT motivated.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=68HTASale&Category_Code=SP

T67 looks like its going to fit fairly easily with a 25mm or 30mm spacer

looks like there room to go even bigger turbo (if air con is removed to make the inlet easy)

(this is on a 34 gtt) I'll post pics once I find a spacers that's not $95

It fits fine, I even managed to fit one low mount on an s14 with a little grinding.

Make sure the spacers are the shape of the hole in the manifold, not the size of a T3 gasket which is much larger.

For some reason I thought I responded to this - of course they can :D I had even been pondering trying to buy some bits and making some hybrid things to experiment with though I'm not sure if I am THAT motivated.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=68HTASale&Category_Code=SP

I thought you had too :), that is very interesting, how hard would that be to get "GTR" housing to make it a bolton for RB26s, looks like I might be up for new turbs soon so that maybe an option, the billet Kando bolton TD05-18g are what I was thinking but these give me something to think about

I thought you had too :), that is very interesting, how hard would that be to get "GTR" housing to make it a bolton for RB26s, looks like I might be up for new turbs soon so that maybe an option, the billet Kando bolton TD05-18g are what I was thinking but these give me something to think about

I wouldn't imagine it would be ridiculous, just get the Kando housing (or something that will bolt onto the Mitsi plate) and modify it to suit the profile. In my make believe world where I have more engineering skills I like the idea of designing a custom RB26 bolton housing that has a diffuser area etc which better suits the 68HTA wheel, etc. I am sure that a turbo with matching (where it counts) outlines to the stock RB26 housings could have better flowing internal geometry, to allow for the 40-50lb/min flow per turbo you need for stock mount madness.

Just run those housings. They are circlip compressor covers so easy to clock them however you want. Just weld alloy inlets to the compressor cover...I think they would simply be too big, even on an RB30....though would be sure to make uber power considering a friends twin TD06-20G 2.7L made something like 550rwkws on race fuel years and years ago.

Yeah I would consider either to be most suited to the lunatics who would otherwise be putting a big single on their car but want it to be low key, under the bonnet at least haha

Yeah I would consider either to be most suited to the lunatics who would otherwise be putting a big single on their car but want it to be low key, under the bonnet at least haha Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lol yep that would be me :D

The T618z are what I wanted for this build but couldn't find any for sale and settled for Piggys GT-RSs, and as much as they make good power with decent response on the 3.0 the exhaust side is choking it

Now that I'm getting a bit of white smoke I'm thinking they are on their way out so now trying to decide between TD05s or 06s, I think the TD05s with the billet 18g comp wheel and 9 blade rear should show decent improvements on what I currently have with out hurting the response to much, but then there is the TD06s with the billet 20g wheel and 9 blade rear that would make massive power for low mounts but at what cost to response

pics as promised would have gone better if the studs were long enough

probably only 3 threads on there at the moment

and if I wasn't supplied a rusted oil line

NOW SOMEONE LOW MOUNT A T78 :)

post-15018-0-66792800-1399130508_thumb.jpg

post-15018-0-18856700-1399130526_thumb.jpg

post-15018-0-97578900-1399130533_thumb.jpg

post-15018-0-46212600-1399130550_thumb.jpg

post-15018-0-53956900-1399130563_thumb.jpg

post-15018-0-23511600-1399130571_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1400r