SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Impressive results dude!

Is this motor an R33 25 or is it a neo?

How have you found the Tial wastegate? I'm looking to buy one soon, would you recommend?

R33 RB25

It's a gate, it's cheap, it's very small, holds boost and is very loud :)

Nah the green is boost, just wavers a bit in the mid, comes back up and then drops a bit lower?

(164kpa-150/151). NFI what that is in boost.

You people are weird over there :P

all the stand alones haltech motec link vipec etc have scales in kpa so its common to tune in kpa, then switch to customer freindly psi @ the end. Its confusing to start with thats for sure... bit like lambda vs afr.

hmm the drop in boost is from roughly 23psi down to 21psi, so nothing major.

I think that is one epicly good turbo by all results I have seen, and I have no doubts in reliability. The power seems to exceed what is typically seen of a 35R, and DARE I SAY the response seems to be also better.. These must have been an amazing turbo when new (however many decades prior), its anyones guess why they werent all that popular.

Big ups Simon! You deserve congrats for pioneering the home grown kando! (yes we do know status was probably the first to post results from one of these and thank you to him also)

I think I will definitely be joining you on the T67 side soon, we shall see the gap between the RB and the JZ ;) Meet you in SA or NT for some fun when my crap is together, WOO

told you so... love my T67's

nice result.

Tell me how to bring the boost on a bit sooner... Mine seems to be about 300rpm later then your results :-)

Edit: think we worked out the difference in both boost building and power at 4000rpm... Trent appears to start runs at 1500rpm while mine was only started at 3000. So the extra load brings on boost on faster and thus increases power

Edited by SimonR32

Very nice result, the spool seems respectable for a cheap turbo making that kind of power:)

I think that is one epicly good turbo by all results I have seen, and I have no doubts in reliability. The power seems to exceed what is typically seen of a 35R, and DARE I SAY the response seems to be also better.. These must have been an amazing turbo when new (however many decades prior), its anyones guess why they werent all that popular.

Spool is almost as good as a .82a/r GT3582R, but GT35Rs are capable of much more power than that with E40 at that boost level on a hub dyno. The power level on straight pump is achieveable, actually...

I think I will definitely be joining you on the T67 side soon, we shall see the gap between the RB and the JZ ;) Meet you in SA or NT for some fun when my crap is together, WOO

I'm picking the 1JZ won't be too far behind ;)

Spool is almost as good as a .82a/r GT3582R, but GT35Rs are capable of much more power than that with E40 at that boost level on a hub dyno. The power level on straight pump is achieveable, actually...

385rwkws on pump with a standard cammed/head Rb25 and GT35R? that would have to be the most insane result Ive ever seen, hub dyno or not

385rwkws on pump with a standard cammed/head Rb25 and GT35R? that would have to be the most insane result Ive ever seen, hub dyno or not

Not stock cammed, but if its stock cam then not making 385kw on pump wouldn't be due to the turbo not being up to it... a GT35R would do it on E40 on a stock RB25 though.

I can tell you it's not even close to a GT3582R in terms of response... It pisses on it!!!

I can tell you on the same dyno a RB25 with a 3582R with poncams gets killed in response and makes 440rwhp on 1.4bar (on BP98)

A 3076R (with poncams) on the other hand comes on a few hundred rpm earlier and makes 20hp less on the same boost and E42.5 but does not hold power as well top end.

WTF?!? My GT3076R is making those power levels before 3500rpm :/

When is your power run ramped up?

Edit: 2000rpm... So your car had a extra 1000rpm to build boost and power

Edited by SimonR32

Hurry up an do it, so I can see your results so I can do it with mine lol

Edit - I should be doing mine next year, but will keep the boost down to save the standard auto.

I'm still thinking the Kando Td06-20g Will suit me better as full boost at 4500 is a little laggy through the auto imo

Edited by zebra

I can tell you it's not even close to a GT3582R in terms of response... It pisses on it!!!

I can tell you on the same dyno a RB25 with a 3582R with poncams gets killed in response and makes 440rwhp on 1.4bar (on BP98)

Would be interesting to see that chart, I've seen plenty of .82a/r GT3582Rs making 1.4-1.5bar by around 4300rpm on RB25s

A 3076R (with poncams) on the other hand comes on a few hundred rpm earlier and makes 20hp less on the same boost and E42.5 but does not hold power as well top end.

When is your power run ramped up?

Edit: 2000rpm... So your car had a extra 1000rpm to build boost and power

No surprise about the GT3076R result, really - I wouldn't have compared the two. Ah ok yeah the extra rpm for building boost would probably have something of an effect, might be interesting to try mine from 3000rpm sometime.

I actually love GT3076R's! The cost put me off because it would have been at least a extra $1200ish cost over the top of this turbo and I'm jewish

So I figured saving a lot of money, loosing a few hundred rpm of response and gaining some top end was worth it :)

Actually as you can see from my graph if we revved the old girl to 8500 it would probably come close to 550hp where the 3076R with cams was already starting to fall over.

Interesting thing is a GTX3071R flows 10% more than a GT3076R at most boost levels you'd run on an RB25 - imagine one of those on an ethanol blend on an RB25.... expensive, but I can't think of a combination with a fatter streetable power delivery potential.

Interesting thing is a GTX3071R flows 10% more than a GT3076R at most boost levels you'd run on an RB25 - imagine one of those on an ethanol blend on an RB25.... expensive, but I can't think of a combination with a fatter streetable power delivery potential.

Thats if the 58 Trim GTX wheel will respond better than a 52 Trim Gt3076 wheel.

Will be close for sure

Thats if the 58 Trim GTX wheel will respond better than a 52 Trim Gt3076 wheel.

Will be close for sure

The 52trim GT3076R is 55/76 versus 54/71 for the GTX3071R... the GT3071R will definitely respond better than the 52trim GT3076R, though I still don't know how that depends given the GTX3071R substantially outflows the 56trim GT3076R - the 52trim doesn't really have any place in the comparison imho.

Not stock cammed, but if its stock cam then not making 385kw on pump wouldn't be due to the turbo not being up to it... a GT35R would do it on E40 on a stock RB25 though.

Wasnt it fineline who pushed 400 tops from a 35R on E85?

There has to be more than luck involved in the difference between US and Aus results.. Guys over in the US seem to get great results while we seem to make them look pretty boring.

At present I am thinking the T67 is the better option to the 35R.. I guess as these become more popular we will find out.

The 52trim GT3076R is 55/76 versus 54/71 for the GTX3071R... the GT3071R will definitely respond better than the 52trim GT3076R, though I still don't know how that depends given the GTX3071R substantially outflows the 56trim GT3076R - the 52trim doesn't really have any place in the comparison imho.

I have seen quite few 52 trim gt3076's make mid 300's (in HKS 3037S form), they need a couple of psi more than the 56 trim ones to do so, but still make power, with nearly identical response as a 3071