SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

From what I thought seemed to be some impressive results for RB25DET posted by STATUS I thought I would give one of these Kando Dynamic Turbos a run for their money and test them out...

I originally had the plan of purchasing a T67-25g 10cm with a T3 rear and V-band dump and installing on my new RB25 conversion on my R32 and welding a Tial 44mm onto the rear exhaust housing and bolting onto the standard manifold. When the turbo arrived however I realized that the front housing was huge and was going to need a big spacer and a lot of dicking around so I just bit the bullet and bought a high mount 6boost T3 manifold.

In terms of the turbo it comes with both oil feed and drain plus a gasket and v-band for your dump so pretty much a complete kit. The oil drain did come with M8 bolts (which needed M10) and the drain was sized for M8 bolts which was a bit of a fail. This was fixed with 2 x M10 bolts and drilling out of the holes so not exactly a pain in the ass. The oil drain line was a rubber line that was only just long enough and was sitting next to the manifold so we decided to use a braided -10 line instead for safety. Check (if you live in usa): Kroger Weekly Ad, or Myer catalogue. The oil feed line was fine although it did need a fitting purchased to screw into the block.

Turbo Photos

2010-11-15174456.jpg

2010-11-15174549.jpg

2010-11-15174521.jpg

2010-12-08183913.jpg

Also has these mods

Nistune RB20 ECU and loom

Greddy MSS for switching VCT

Yellow Jacket Coils

740cc top feed Deatschwerks Injectors

Ally fuel rail

Bosch 044 in tank

Z32 AFM in cooler piping

VH45 Throttle Body

Freddy Inlet Plenum

6boost manifold

Kinugawa (Kando Dynamics) T67 10cm T3 Rear

Tial 44mm MVR Wastegate

Stock RB25 motor

Adjustable exhaust cam gear

Greddy Profec B Spec II

So ended up putting it all to dyno running my E42.5 (50% BP98 mixed with 50% CSR E85)

End result, am I happy? YES! $879 delivered for a turbo that is making 15psi at 4000rpm and 387rwkw or 517rwhp from what a stock RB25 with cheap bolt ons

Power = Blue

Boost = Green

CCF16122010_00000.jpg

Edited by SimonR32

So what exactly are they? MHI cartidges in China copy housings?

PS: great result BTW

They appear to be made from Kamak internals which is a Taiwan company that make copies (and some original stuff) or MHI cartridges and housings, website is here http://www.kamakdynamics.com/

The turbos are then branded Kinugawa and sold by Kando Dynamic (mostly on ebay)

Looks like it's making 15psi about 4600rpm and creeps up to 24psi?!

Impressive result for a cheap turbo! How do you reckon it would go on a 3L? do they have many housing options?

P.S. take me for a drive! :P

Edited by bubba

Looks like it's making 15psi about 4600rpm and creeps up to 24psi?!

Impressive result for a cheap turbo! How do you reckon it would go on a 3L? do they have many housing options?

P.S. take me for a drive! :P

Power = Blue

Boost = Green

Either 8cm in a Trust gay 3 bolt housing or 10cm in a 3-bolt or T3 housing

I would imagine awesome on a 3L, if you look it's still going north very fast at 7800 limiter :)

Want a tasty treat for your turbo simon?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Billet-Compressor-Wheel-25G-T67-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e6042b1f4QQitemZ130464002548QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Quick edit - Bubba I think the TD06-25g would be better on a dirty 30, same comp wheel but larger exhaust side.

Edited by zebra

Power = Blue

Boost = Green

Either 8cm in a Trust gay 3 bolt housing or 10cm in a 3-bolt or T3 housing

I would imagine awesome on a 3L, if you look it's still going north very fast at 7800 limiter :)

My bad :blush:

Some big food for thought there! Keep us posted on reliability ;)

Does your 6boost manifold have the wierd oval opening in the turbo flange?

Edit: Zebra, do they come in T3 styled rear housings? My setup was originally for a GT35R but have moved that on and was considering a custom built Holset until I saw this.

Edited by bubba

Want a tasty treat for your turbo simon?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Billet-Compressor-Wheel-25G-T67-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e6042b1f4QQitemZ130464002548QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Quick edit - Bubba I think the TD06-25g would be better on a dirty 30, same comp wheel but larger exhaust side.

Haha, don't tempt me... For now that will do :) I'm going for a 3 week Snowboarding trip to Canada soon that I need money for!

My bad :blush:

Some big food for thought there! Keep us posted on reliability ;)

Does your 6boost manifold have the wierd oval opening in the turbo flange?

Edit: Zebra, do they come in T3 styled rear housings? My setup was originally for a GT35R but have moved that on and was considering a custom built Holset until I saw this.

Reliability I will keep everyone informed... Fingers crossed no issues at all

Yes I have the same flange, actually the Kinugawa Flange is a similar size (smaller than a real T3 flange size)

Here is a link to what Zebra was referring to (I think) but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't just go the T67

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbocharger-Mitsubishi-Kinugawa-TE06H-25G-T3-10-cm-/290509754932?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a3bb1234#ht_2379wt_1139

Haha, don't tempt me... For now that will do :) I'm going for a 3 week Snowboarding trip to Canada soon that I need money for!

Reliability I will keep everyone informed... Fingers crossed no issues at all

Yes I have the same flange, actually the Kinugawa Flange is a similar size (smaller than a real T3 flange size)

Here is a link to what Zebra was referring to (I think) but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't just go the T67

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbocharger-Mitsubishi-Kinugawa-TE06H-25G-T3-10-cm-/290509754932?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a3bb1234#ht_2379wt_1139

Yeah thats the one, only real difference is the larger turbine wheel.

Has a rather odd power curve :D Something up with the boost control it seems?

Starts to comes up nice at 4500rpm, then different till 6500 and then it starts to really fall off

So around 350 on normal 98, not bad!

130rwkw @ 4000rpm on Mix is a bit rough though, but then it was only $800 and a bushie, so pretty reasonable all things considered. :D

Power = Blue

Boost = Green

Has a rather odd power curve :D Something up with the boost control it seems?

Starts to comes up nice at 4500rpm, then different till 6500 and then it starts to really fall off

So around 350 on normal 98, not bad!

130rwkw @ 4000rpm on Mix is a bit rough though, but then it was only $800 and a bushie, so pretty reasonable all things considered. :D

I think you are looking at boost/power around the wrong way?!?

You are right about low power at 4000rpm, but then again I have a graph here from a 3076R 6boost 25NEO setup on same dyno that makes 120rwkw (god knows what's the go there)

Nah the green is boost, just wavers a bit in the mid, comes back up and then drops a bit lower?

(164kpa-150/151). NFI what that is in boost.

You people are weird over there :P

:O @ 3076, jebus...

1.64 bar to 1.5bar! So you are talking about jumping around a few psi (virtually nothing)... Remember how sensitive these dynos are, if it was on a roller I would imagine it would just be a flat line :)

I might try chuck it on a roller dyno soon for a comparison :)

Edited by SimonR32