SAU Community

Searching For Single Ihi Rhc7 Turbo Information

jibe

Has anyone heard about mounting a IHI RHC7 turbo on a RB26?

I'm searching some information like RPM for boost peak at different boost levels, maximum bhp output, feedbacks from owners...

I just finished rebuilding one and it just came back from balancing. I'm going to mount it on my forged bottom RB26. Mine is a bit king of hybrid because using a HKS T04R turbine housing.

Here is some information found on internet:

Compressor wheel inducer= 57.15mm exducer=81.91mm

57.15mm^2/81.91mm^2*100 = 49 trim

Turbine wheel exducer =62.61mm, inducer =73.66

62.61mm^2 /73.66 mm^2*100 = 72 trim

Compressor housing 2.27 inches of area / 3.31 radius = .69 ar

T04R turbine housing is T4 inlet .81 undivided

RHC7 seems to be given for 62LB/min

It has very near dimensions with power enterprise PE2220, so it could probably flow 22M3/min. A bit less than 62lb/min.

I have seen 1JZ dynos with that turbo at 550RWHP.

If some of you used this turbo or have information, please let me know. smile.gif

Thanks.

When looking at the numbers, particularly trim numbers, it should be a big but responsive turbo. So it should have a slightly lower top end than T04R. Anyway, it's quite enough for what I want.

• 1 month later...

Digging out this thread.

I have been looking for weeks for information about the exhaust housing of this hybrid turbo.

It looks sooooo small! And nothing is written on it.

And it's still a real T04 flange!

it's smaller than all T04R turbine housing I have seen and way smaller than RHC7 stock turbine housing.

In one hand the spool must be sooo quick!! In the other hand there is a risk of early choke. Luckily, the exhaust wheel is damn big, 74/63mm 72trim.

The only info Y have is it's stabilo written "HKS N°=40" on it. It has real T4 flange and 3" 4 bolt outlet.

Have you already seen this kind of turbine housing?

RB26RHC7_07.JPG

RB26RHC7_08.JPG

ihi1.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

ihi rx8 indy turbo..

the compressor cover and backplate are made from magnesium and hard anodized

the comp wheel is investment cast titanium and is ptfe coated( teflon)

inducer is 74mm,exducer is 91mm

a/r is 1.0

the turbine housing is investment cast from titanium

it uses v band clamps for manifold and outlet.

the turbine wheel is a super alloy inconel 738.

inducer is 89mm,exducer 79mm

the a/r is 1.2

looks completely different to my rhc7, your one seems to have a garrett/khs rear on it?

Mines T4 flange with some sort of weird V band rear.

From what I understand its a touch bigger than a holset hx35, CEFF1E on here has a hx35 on a stock bottom, stock cams rb30DET, 325rwkw, 19 psi, full boost at roughly 3500rpm's.

So theres a possible comparison.

I havent ran my Ihi on the rb30det yet, car isnt finished.

According to the specs, it should be nice on the 3 ltr,see how it goes I guess.

heres a pic of mine

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/anmlrx/rb.jpg

Edited by works 510

jibe, i forgot my camera today but took some with my phone, I can MMS them to your phone if your interested?

Thanks, but I'm living in France, maybe it's not included in your mobile phone contract and would be expensive?

I can wait, it's not a problem.

If you still prefer I will send you my number by PM.

• 1 year later...

Digging this old thread.

I'm about to finish my build and now I'm close to first start.

I made measurement of the compressor and turbine wheels and imprecise measurement/calculation of turbine A/R and what I found seems a bit crazy!

Compressor wheel is effectively 82 exducer, but is 63mm inducer instead of 57!!! So that makes the compressor side a good monster though it becomes bigger than a GT3582R and closer to a T04R/Z compressor.

And the second kisscool effect is on the turbine side: the wheel is effectively some Ptrim whith 74mm inducer and 63mm exducer (same as T04R/Z), but my rough measurement of A/R on the T4 housing gave me 0.40!!!!!!! Totally retarded A/R on a RB26! I think I now understand the "HKS N°40" written on it.

Thinking about what it will look like when used, it should be a spooling monster but clearly a power and boost killer at high rev, with enormous backpressure and heat. Looking at the turbine entry, the T4 inlet becomes sooooo small inside regarding the amount of gas that are going to try to pass through it!!!!!!

So I think I'm going to try it at 1bar to see how it behaves, but I really must find an other bigger standard RHC7 housing for a more realistic use of this turbo.

Works 510, do you maybe know where I could find one?

• 2 months later...