SAU Community

GTR injectors into RB20 - Question

Chris32

Do RB26 (R32/R33 GTR) injectors fit into RB20 without any mods?

Not concered about resistence, as I am looking to do a ECU swap (most prob Microtech LT-12S or Wolf3d) which will allow me to run low-impedence injectors

Just want to know if the plug straight in without any mods, and if mods are required what where they

from memory they are around 440cc arent they?

Looking to make around 30rwkw more (200 at the moment) and don't want to run a regulator, so I would think that GTR injectors are more than capapble of this

Thanks heaps

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought about them, but for GTR injectors selling for around $300, they are a bit of a bargain for injectors that flow 440cc

440cc will be plenty for what power I am after, 550cc is a bit of a overkill I reckon. If I was going for a bigger turbo or chasing 300rwkw for sure, but for my bolt on RB20 440's will be fine

Just got to find out if they will fit thats all :cheers:

OUt of intrest, what do the RX injectors sell for?

If you are interested I have some (40,000km) stock R33 GT-R injectors for sale.

I am coming past Adelaide in 2 weeks, PM me

No probs, just gotta find out if they are going to fit first

I have a '92 R32 GTST with RB20DET, and if resistance isnt an issue with the ECU, then they bolt into place as though they were std RB20 injectors...and yeh if you dont need 550cc injectors then the 440cc GTR injectors seem to go for less than half the price.

Even if you are still running a std remapped ECU, the GTR Injectors WITH A resistance pack works fine and only took me about 4-6 hours to install and wire up...would have been quicker if i could have gotten the silly throttle body off!

cool, what about the injector plugs and such, do these need swapping or do the RB20 plugs fit? So its just a matter of pulling the old ones and dropping in the RB26 injectors?

Do you know if R32 GTR injectors differ from R33 ones?

Ok cool, sounds like they will fit without any drama's

Has anyone actually tried this combination of GTR injectors on a RB20, running Microtech/Motec/Autronic/Wolf3d ?

chris yes they will fit in no probs, and the plugs are even the same. Should work well, and not cause any probs with overfuelling at idel, the 550s can cause a little trouble with a stock rb20 and computer but any aftermarket management should handle the 550s fine, but they do however reqire the plugs to be changed, so get the gtr ones if you can find a nice set.

I am using 13B non turbo injectors which are either 420cc or 460cc Lol damn memory! Anyway I got them from a fella from nissansilvia.com for $35 each. They fit straight in, the last 4 digits are 1350 from memory??? Anyway I also, during the conversion got new injector plugs, which are similar to the stock ones except the lug is in the centre and not offset. They also have the spring you push down to unplug them vs the spring clip that gets flicked off and lost. I am running a microtech LTX12 (a 180sx RB20DET) and haven't got the car back yet so I cannot comment on the further.

Where do you get the resistor pack for them and how is it wired up?

I used the resistor pack from a GTR, so try ppl that are wrecking a GTR, or have half cuts etc etc. But in theory i cant think of any reason why you cant just go and buy 6 resistors from Jaycar and solder them in line. (I THINK the resistance of the GTR pack was 6.??ohms)

As for wiring them, if you are a confident DIY person who knows wiring diagrams and electrical circuits then it all to easy to do. If you dont, then it may be a little more awkward...

If you re going to be paying someone to do it then be sure they have done it before or know RB wiring backwards otherwise you will be paying a premium for them to learn on your car which doesnt make it such a cheap option when they want $500 to install. :thumbdwn:

chris yes they will fit in no probs, and the plugs are even the same.  Should work well, and not cause any probs with overfuelling at idel, the 550s can cause a little trouble with a stock rb20 and computer but any aftermarket management should handle the 550s fine, but they do however reqire the plugs to be changed, so get the gtr ones if you can find a nice set.

Sounds good mate, hopefully I will get some soon and get the ball rolling. Might need your help when it comes to fitting, I want to do most of the work myself but I know you have had injectors in and out of your RB20, so a bit of a watchful eye from someone who has done it before might be handy!

Will be re-doing the turbo to airfilter pipe as well, as I am doing away with the AFM, so will also drop by and get you to have a look at that

Hows the RB~? coming along? What type of managment are you going to run?

I used the resistor pack from a GTR, so try ppl that are wrecking a GTR, or have half cuts etc etc. But in theory i cant think of any reason why you cant just go and buy 6 resistors from Jaycar and solder them in line. (I THINK the resistance of the GTR pack was 6.??ohms)

As for wiring them, if you are a confident DIY person who knows wiring diagrams and electrical circuits then it all to easy to do. If you dont, then it may be a little more awkward...  

If you re going to be paying someone to do it then be sure they have done it before or know RB wiring backwards otherwise you will be paying a premium for them to learn on your car which doesnt make it such a cheap option when they want $500 to install.  :thumbdwn:

Im game enough to DIMyself but with the GTR resistor pack where is that located in the loom?

Im game enough to DIMyself but with the GTR resistor pack where is that located in the loom?

Physically the resistor pack is bolted to the right/drivers upright. It rectangular, about 80x30x45mm in size and is a ceramic resistor with a thin steel cover. It will have 6 blue wires going to it and one other wire, i cant remember the colour. Basically the 7th wire is the power wire whilst the 6 blue wires go to the injectors.

From a wiring diagram perspective the resistor pack goes between the power supply to the injectors and the +ve terminal of each injector

Physically the resistor pack is bolted to the right/drivers upright. It rectangular, about 80x30x45mm in size and is a ceramic resistor with a thin steel cover. It will have 6 blue wires going to it and one other wire, i cant remember the colour. Basically the 7th wire is the power wire whilst the 6 blue wires go to the injectors.

From a wiring diagram perspective the resistor pack goes between the power supply to the injectors and the +ve terminal of each injector

So what ill need to do would be to change the Gtst resistor pack to the GTR one? or is dont gtst have a resistor pack as such?

thanks Roy much apreciatted!