SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

link for people with no google skillz

mustangs still read higher than DD by a bit, but the results are comparable as far as ramp and peak power go (within a few %).

Good find.

I find it interesting that they are already making application specific housings before they even have a full roll out of the std housing options though...

It would be nice to see this option with a T4 TS IW housing on it.

Originally it was a consideration for my own project, right till I found they cancelled the plan for T4 TS IW housings on the smaller turbines.

Even if it were to make 450whp on 98 the response is excellent, we would all be out ordering gateless 6boob jobs me thinks.

mustangs still read higher than DD by a bit, but the results are comparable as far as ramp and peak power go (within a few %).

Good find.

I find it interesting that they are already making application specific housings before they even have a full roll out of the std housing options though...

There is some parallel dev I suspect, Cosworth were working on them before ANY options were available. And cheers for posting the link, I had been having issues with my browser and ended up with a "CBF, do it later" moment. I figured I'd said enough to give the proactive googlers something to hunt for :)

Is geoff at full race ever going to post results of his personal rb26 + efr set up?

he is probably waiting till he gets some good results before posting anything :P

he is probably waiting till he gets some good results before posting anything :P

Geoff currently doesn't have a turbo on his R14. His car has been sitting in his shop since the Modified event last year.

The Blue R34 in Borg Warner's booth had an 8374 twin scroll in it. The results haven't been posted yet because the owner of that car has not put in on a dyno yet. There is also an RB26 that has the twin configuration on it with the EFR 6258's. Not sure if there are numbers on it yet either, but the biggest concern for most is that they DO NOT SHUFFLE. I've had a few twin turbo set ups on the RB26 and anything that could produce over 550whp seemed to "shuffle" (surge)... so that was good news.

Edited by TheKeeper

None whatsoever, not for lack of hunting. After seeing the results for the EFR6758, a pair of the buggers would be terrifyingly potent on an RB30! :worship:

well I have ordered a 9180 EFR TS housing (twin ex gate) back in november 2010. still waiting but it should be coming soon. I will do my nut if bumhoe gets his first though! we ordered and paid last year!!!

pretty keen to see it go. hopefully it'll be the first in aus. :)

Ordered my 9180 mid november too. Cant wait to get the damn thing. Where did you order it through?

Well i rang GCG turbos today and some guy told me they are still 4-6weeks away to arriving due to problems in US.

this is really fustrating cause i cant do anything until i get this turbo.

2weeks ago i was told it should arrive within 4 weeks. :/

• 2 weeks later...

A) Twin EFR 6258, on a 2.6L RB26, tomei 280 cams, mild headwork, stock intake manifold/tb

FullRace-RB26-EFRtwins-3.jpg

TWIN6258-DYNO.jpg

B) Single EFR 8374 .92 a/r, Full-Race twinscroll manifold, on a 100% Stock RB26, Tomei Poncams are the only engine internal modification.

R34-TS8374-1.jpg

TS8374-DYNO.jpg

I know that dyno reads notoriously LOW, and I think the single was found to have a boost leak which is why it wanted to drop boost up high. The torque curve looks nice on the twins, but I agree with Lithium we need more boost to see what they really do.

We're you hear that? I pulled the pics off GTROC, but there wasn't any other info.

I know the tuner, and know that dyno. I also know that those pulls were in 3rd gear, so it looks less impressive than a 4th gear pull. It's getting HOT in AZ so 4th gear pulls on that dyno really work the cars harder than necessary. I'm sure Geoff will post up when he gets a chance, he's up to his ass in the new race car build over there at Full Race.