SAU Community

Dyno Tuning Lessons At Unigroup Engineering

_Wing_

Does anyone know of anything like this in WA?

Are any tuners doing these sorta lessons anywhere else? Or is it mostly a thing you only learn when you're in the industry? (i.e. work for a performance workshop)

I too attended the Jan 30 group.

Found it highly informative,,,well run and I learned heaps.

I didn't go to actually learn how to tune my car (which I can now),,,I went so I can look over my tuners shoulder and know exactually why he's doing the changes he's doing or more importantely questioning why he's doing said changes.

Thanks guys.

Cheers

Neil.

As far as I know a few of the ECU manufacturers do training days, possibly in WA. Their training is specific to their ECU and it is much like a lecture-style of teaching, much like uni lectures - You sit down and listen in a large group, get taught a set course and there may be an opportunity to ask questions or talk to the teacher. What's done here is completely the opposite - you tell us what you want to learn, you get taught via a mix of theory and practical, you have all day to ask questions and you also actually go and use the dyno. So it depends on what you want really.

At Unigroup Engineering, the head tuner is a university degree certified mechanical engineer who is truly passionate about engine design and tuning, so much and so good that he was invited by the university of technology, sydney, to speak on the very subject. He actually does know what he's talking about both from experience and from an engineering perspective. I don't know of any other tuner at this level. :worship: