SAU Community

M35 Airbag Light Diagnosis

simply_mighty

Hi guys,

Is there somewhere I can find the airbag fault codes? I put my car into diagnosis mode and received the following:

1 long flash followed by 2 quick flashes.

Symptoms:

Airbag light flashes during normal driving/key in the 'on' position. Doesn't seem to affect anything but wouldn't mind it gone. Previous owner states its due to the V35 steering wheel controls that are mounted. Steering wheel controls don't work with the standard single din unit.

I've looked everywhere for the codes but can't seem to find it.

Additionally, what is the consensus of swapping over to the double din unit? I've seen the BOSE units are pretty crappy.. Suggestions?

Cheers,

Sean

Hi Sean

There's another thread (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Airbag-Light-t254024.html) on the forum which talks about airbag light issues. If yours is an intermittent fault or maybe something not too serious, you may be able to reset the alarm by following the key on/off sequence that is described.

I'm not sure why Stagea's seem to suffer from this problem so much. Maybe they have more of this SRS gear installed than other cars.... I've got a flashing warning light the same as you but all my other airbag equipped cars (with many more years and kms under their belts) have never had a problem.

Anyway, the common culprits are the "clock spring" in the steering wheel, seat pretensioners and the airbag module itself. Chris on this forum is the resident expert on these but he's in Brisbane so pretty hard to just drop over from Canberra.

You could try getting the actual codes read by someone with the diagnostic tool (local Nissan dealer or most good mechanic workshops) and they may also be able to reset them. Knowing the codes may lead you closer to the solution.

A few owners have found they've needed to buy new seats. I'm hoping that's not required in either of our cases.

Have a (longish) read thru the other thread and see where it leads. Good luck with the new baby on the way. :)

Hi guys,

Is there somewhere I can find the airbag fault codes? I put my car into diagnosis mode and received the following:

Yes, a quick search will bring up the fault code list

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ob...tml&hl=obd2

You could try getting the actual codes read by someone with the diagnostic tool (local Nissan dealer or most good mechanic workshops) and they may also be able to reset them. Knowing the codes may lead you closer to the solution.

No need to take it to Nissan to reset the codes.

Check out the Stagea DIY section.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ec...-W-t261557.html

• 3 years later...

I'm looking for the airbag fault codes, but the link above doesn't work anymore. I can clear the fault fine, but it comes back every couple of days

I wouldn't bother with the manual method, mine was exactly the same. Once I got it on the consult 3 it never came back.

I wouldn't bother with the manual method, mine was exactly the same. Once I got it on the consult 3 it never came back.

I wish someone closer had one. I would love to try it on my airbag light also. Plus it would be handy other times also

How much is the consult 3? does it give you info if it's a proper failure (ie descriptive text instead of a code number?

Of course, that is what Nissan use for full diagnostics on all the ecu's.

You are looking at 15k or so for a Nissan Consult3, or $300 for a Chinese knockoff.