SAU Community

Electrical Issues

phoenix88

Hi everyone,

Ive been having issues with my electrical system, symptoms consist of the lights flicking off for a split second when car is running(also affects dash lights cd player and other electrical items in the car.) Also the car was struggling to start after i have turned it off.

Ive taken it to my mechanic and he cant find any obvious problems apart from a ticking relay switch. He said he needs a diagram of the harness to help him out. If anyone could tell me where to get one that would be much appreciated. Or if you have any suggestions as to what the problem could be and any possible solutions.

Thanks in advance

Ben

mine did somthing simular to this... eneded up being a shit ground... go to jaycar and get some thin amp wire stuff... run a earth to nere your turbo (on the body nere strut tower, cas, and a few other spots... c how u go

Check your battery terminals...In particular the red factory nissan plug that connects your fuse box.... My lights and stereo would randomly turn off for a second and at times the car did too - not good in traffic... :D

I ended up getting rid of the red plug and soldered an eyelet directly to the cable. Car hasnt played up since...Let me know if you want a pic

adrian

Check your battery terminals...In particular the red factory nissan plug that connects your fuse box.... My lights and stereo would randomly turn off for a second and at times the car did too - not good in traffic... :D

I ended up getting rid of the red plug and soldered an eyelet directly to the cable. Car hasnt played up since...Let me know if you want a pic

adrian

had the same thing on my 32

wiggle it while the engine is running, you should be able to hear a difference

had the same thing on my 32

wiggle it while the engine is running, you should be able to hear a difference

A pic would be much appreciated.

Im not the most mechanically minded person so any info i can get is great.

Cheers

on the positive terminal of the battery there is a plug that plugs into the back of the terminal connector

sometimes there is 2

one sends power to the ecu so if its dodgy then the ecu won't get proper power

7485070441_large.jpg

no. 1 and no. 2 in this photo

The warm staring problem has disappeared i think it might have been dodgy fuel.

Had a look at the battery terminal with the car running. couldnt get a reaction from wiggling it. but when i was there i heard a clicking from what my dad thinks is a relay heres a pic

15072010036.jpg

Its located in the back left of the engine bay. Heres a close up of the relay.

15072010037.jpg

Whenever the relay ticks the lights flick off for a split second.

So my question is... What is this thing and what does it do? Also if I replace it will it fix my problem? If it does where can I get one from?

Thanks for all the help.

The warm staring problem has disappeared i think it might have been dodgy fuel.

Had a look at the battery terminal with the car running. couldnt get a reaction from wiggling it. but when i was there i heard a clicking from what my dad thinks is a relay heres a pic

15072010036.jpg

Its located in the back left of the engine bay. Heres a close up of the relay.

15072010037.jpg

Whenever the relay ticks the lights flick off for a split second.

So my question is... What is this thing and what does it do? Also if I replace it will it fix my problem? If it does where can I get one from?

Thanks for all the help.

that is your attessa relay (4wd) replaceing it won't help

refer to this thread-

4wd relay clicking at idle

my car does the same thing, but it has no affect on how fast my 4wd engages