SAU Community

S15 Dash Into Cefiro

d1a31

I am able to get a hold of an S15 dash off a mate, was wondering how it would go in the cef

havnt checked the measurements yet, anyone know if it can be done or know of someone whos done it before?

how would you go about hooking up the instrument cluster and heater fan setup or would you use the ceffy ones?

thanks

• 8 months later...

ITS DONE ( well more or less) and looks awesome

Wasnt that hard in the end needed some trimming around the windscreen and A pillars but otherwise slotted in nicely.

The gearstick and handbrake pop out in the right spot BUT now I cant start the car as the steering column surround of the s15 completely covers the key barrel so I will have to get an igniton swith and push button start set up.

Also i havnt got the dash cluster working yet cant find wiring diagrams for either s15 or a31, and need to get the windscreen demisters, climate control unit and rear view mirror controls set up.

So still have some work to do, will put up some pics soon.

yeah, very interested in your pix as well. Always wanted to do this in my sil vert too. The A31 dash board is pretty ugly anyways. Even a R32 skyline dash would be an upgrade.

The fit against the door cards is acceptable in my books, its not perfect but OK. I thought it would be worse really but the front of the dash (front as in where the air vents sit) is about 15-20mm further forward than cefiro even though the gear stick and handbrake openings line up. So it covers the cut out on the door trims towards the top and towards the bottom you can fit your finger in.

The dash being further forward means my cage wont fit, the bar that come down along the A pillar to the floor will hit.

An M35 dash would be cool, didnt know they fit. Would modernise the interior even more than this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

fk I cant beleive its been almost a year since Ive posted, the dash has been in the car for a while obviously but only recently did I get everything working correctly.

I used some simple ducting to connect the demister outlets for the windscreen

The control for the rear view mirrors and foglight switch are mounted right of the steering wheel

The switches for hazards and rear demisters are left of the steering wheel

The climate control unit is just nicely slotted into the centre where the stereo would be above the switch panel

The biggest issue was getting the dash cluster to work, I took it to a place where they calibrated the fuel sender in the tank to the cluster and identified all the pin outs for illumination. So the fuel level gauge reads perfectly and when you turn your lights on the dash lights up.

Too much trouble to get the tacho, speedo and other little things to work so the extra gauges cover all that.

The steering column surround doesnt fit but thats not a biggie.

Overall Im massively impressed with how it turned out, if it was for a track car and demisters and other little shit didnt matter then it would be even easier.

s15dash2.jpg

s15dash1.jpg

s15dash3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Should do, since there all R200's

May need to just cange the backing plate on the diff to the cefy one.

Do the cefy have the 4 studs at the rear mounting to the cradle like a s13? either way, can just change the rear cover, heaps of people do when putting skyline/s14/15 diffs into s13.

Make sure its s15 though as s13/14 have the speedo sensor in the gear box and s15 has them in the diff

But s15 diffs also have the ABS attachment and are about 1cm longer than a non abs diff, so you will have to see if this works with current tailshaft

you could try and change you gearbox sensor to a s13/14 electronic one, rather than the cable, but I cant confirm if that will work/be accurate with the s15 dash. might need to do a bit of seaching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thats not bad

alot better than the when people put them in s13 with stock door trims,,, massive gaps

Never seen the attraction with s15 dashes though ... I wanted to put a 240z dash in my 14 but there had to find and exxy, loved the look in my 240 though

Edited by (Locky)

• 3 weeks later...