SAU Community

Faulty Passenger Window

Hi, recently I got a problem with my windows. It 1st started when I use the auto UP the close the window but after it fully closed, it will fall back down about 30%. I thought it's some kind of sensor that prevent the window crushing your fingers. And it will close when I manually close it. But recently, it got worse. It will sometime open 30% when my passenger closes the door. Anyone experience this? Do I need to change the motor or just some setting? Can Chris help?

Ok: here's another: my drivers window works fine EXCEPT the auto drop function (when you open/close the door) has stopped working at all on the drivers door. It doesn't really bother me that much, other than the fact that I know there's something not working on my car, but what is the potential for damaging seals etc, assuming I left it as-is for a while?

Ok: here's another: my drivers window works fine EXCEPT the auto drop function (when you open/close the door) has stopped working at all on the drivers door. It doesn't really bother me that much, other than the fact that I know there's something not working on my car, but what is the potential for damaging seals etc, assuming I left it as-is for a while?

I don’t think your seal will be damaged at all by the window not going down or up automatically.

Im the same with the driver side, its not working. And im in a process of working out the problem. (damn sensors)

Does your auto interior lights work still when your door is opened? Or does orange light around the key slot turn on?

If no then join the club! Lol, I will let you know how it goes..i just need to test few things. But when mine is fully up and when I close the door, it knicks the window roofing slightly..so I need to adjust it with a little patience when I close the door so it should be ok as I do not use the car everyday.

Thanks, I'll give it a go this weekend. and see how it goes.

I guess just a little tip/s:

make sure your window is full down so it does not drop when you take the motor off, this way also when you put everything back, you wont have a hardtime aligning the railings. (you will know what I mean.)

If you feel your window doesn’t operate smoothly you may need to clean the railings. So get a WD40 handy clean and apply the grease.

When you get inside the motor (as advised by my friend g33k) make sure you wipe the carbon out (black stuff) of the main cover or where the dipstick /silver bar comes from.

Grab a fine sand paper and clean the carbon that is stuck on the copper bits. Grab a toothpic to clean between the copper.

So yeh good luck.

Trying to fix the door step light as its not working at all for awhile now.. Theni notice my window started playing up… going up and down up and down when its open for about 3 seconds… while this was happening its in sequence with the interior lights going on and off.

I started playing with my sensor as theres frictions I can hear when unscrewing it but I didn’t disconnect anything. So I just left it as it..

So we opened the door tested the copper that holds the bulb and its working fine when I hook it up to the actual battery…the wiring on the door is giving power to so I don’t know why its not working..

When I put everything back.. I noticed that everything stopped reacting.. I checked the fuse.. And there it is, I saw a blown up fuse.. Changed it…the intrior lights works again when I manually turn it on.. But the automatic mode doesn’t work when the door is open. There no signal to window aswell so it doesn’t go down automatically when opened as it normally would. I looked at the key slot light and no lights what so ever.

Went to the sensor and I no longer hear any frictions when unscrewing it or when I click it. So ill probabaly test the sensor when I get the time.

If it’s the BCM can you tell me the best thing to do so I can replace this…?

Im the same with the driver side, its not working. And im in a process of working out the problem. (damn sensors)

Does your auto interior lights work still when your door is opened? Or does orange light around the key slot turn on?

If no then join the club! Lol, I will let you know how it goes..i just need to test few things. But when mine is fully up and when I close the door, it knicks the window roofing slightly..so I need to adjust it with a little patience when I close the door so it should be ok as I do not use the car everyday.

My map lights work, but my red door lights don't. I have also noticed that the car will re-lock itself automatically, even if I have opened a door in the mean time...

• 1 month later...
I guess just a little tip/s:

make sure your window is full down so it does not drop when you take the motor off, this way also when you put everything back, you wont have a hardtime aligning the railings. (you will know what I mean.)

If you feel your window doesn’t operate smoothly you may need to clean the railings. So get a WD40 handy clean and apply the grease.

When you get inside the motor (as advised by my friend g33k) make sure you wipe the carbon out (black stuff) of the main cover or where the dipstick /silver bar comes from.

Grab a fine sand paper and clean the carbon that is stuck on the copper bits. Grab a toothpic to clean between the copper.

So yeh good luck.

HI I manage to find sometime today to give this a try. I did take out the internal motor to give it a good clean. I used an eraser instead of the sand paper (was taught from the days of playing RC cars), give everything black a good clean. But After I assembled everything back, The same problem still there. When I auto close the window, once the window reaches the top, it will wind down 4". And when i close the door, the window doesn't go up & down. Anything I did wrong?

Ah. Well that would explain it then! The other door lights do work...

Chris is right,

red door 'light' is not a light but a reflector so that when you open your door while stopping on the roadside, oncoming traffic from behind you can see it. safety feature.

re windows auto seal up/down, either the glass bolts were a bit loose ( I found that out when re-assembling), or your door sensor is faulty.

My passenger window has s*at itself. You can't use the switch on the passenger side to make it go up/ down, but if you use the main controls on the drivers side, its fine. Would that be the motor as well?

Also, my passenger seat can not move any further forward or recline forward any more. It will move back, but not forward. The seat is pretty far back atm.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers gents.

I doubt it's the motor, maybe a relay somewhere that caused your passenger side don't work.

could be a BCM thing too... there's too much electronics in this car... :)

ok, free shortcut for you as I think I found something on the 2nd page of that thread.

there's a reset button on the windows motor - according to them... to have your power window reset/re-learn do this:

Here are the instructions:

1. With the door open, lift up and hold the window switch until the window is completely closed.

* do not use the auto-up function and do not release the switch until the window is completely closed.

2. Get inside the vehicle and close the door. You need to close the door so the door switch is fully depressed.

3. Press and hold the window regulator motor reset switch. While holding the reset switch, press DOWN and HOLD until the window is all the way down.

* Do not use the auto close function and do not release the switch until the window is completely open.

4. Release the reset switch.

5. Then lift UP and HOLD the window switch until the window is completely closed.

* Do not use the auto close function and do not release the switch until the window is completely closed.

6. Open the door to release the door switch. The window glass should move partially down.

That is it. This came from the official Infiniti window reset procedure. It is PDF and I had no way to paste it, so I just typed it in.

ok, free shortcut for you as I think I found something on the 2nd page of that thread.

there's a reset button on the windows motor - according to them... to have your power window reset/re-learn do this:

Haha, I was reading it the same thing. But where is the window regulator reset switch?