SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

.63 or .82 gt3071 with e85 and plenty of boost should come about as close as your gonna get to your goal.

or if your happy to go crazy with boost (and not worried about turbo life and heat etc) you could try a large rear housed gtx28 of some sort

.63 or .82 gt3071 with e85 and plenty of boost should come about as close as your gonna get to your goal.

or if your happy to go crazy with boost (and not worried about turbo life and heat etc) you could try a large rear housed gtx28 of some sort

I did actually have teh GTX28's in mind for the 1J, cant help but think the turbine side will be too small for the 3L

But I am now looking at those options, Cheers

Fuel economy and E85 dont mix :)

I did 180kms on the weekend and used 40L lol

Ive done 280ks to 40oddL of 98 and the car is standard lol

• 2 weeks later...

just kicking around and found this info and thought i would share

the dayco 94407 timing belt used for the rb30det hybrid builds is from a Mazda 323 1.7ltr PN diesel 85-93 that makes a whopping 57hp

As long as it's getting there - that's the main thing.

Seems as if Sutton is on the cards then hey - you'll love the big stroke engine compared to the 32's engine back to back

yeah now Gregs got his hands on it it will get moving.

god I hope so, been waiting for Sutton

just hope the turbs aren't going to negate the benefit of the stroke

ps thank for the help the other night

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have no updates. But 3.0L related

Has anyone seen either a td06-20g or any other smallish turbo on a twincam 30? I have seen a few gt3076's done

Or if you had a choice the best super responsive circa 300rwkw turbo

I'm thinking I want 20+ psi at 3000 rpm and mega midrange

I'm planning on slapping together a 25/30 for round 2 on the 14th of July and i'll be running a TD06-20g High mount.....

I shall inform you of how it goes!

You can use this one:

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17872&cat=&page=1

But ideally you want one a tiny bit shorter as once you deck the head and block and the belt stretches a bit it gets real close....

Much better off relocating the drivers side tensioner, just wait until you have a belt so you can figure out exactly where to put it as the dimensions in the PDF don't always work.

I used the measurements in the PDF with the above belt and it didnt work, couldn't get the belt on but it was close. Probably just needs to be moved to the right 5-10mm. No set measurements are garunteed to be perfect as theres too many variables.

here is what i do at work;

i grind the head & block

i put the cams in

i put the crank in

i put a thick rag on the deck

i put the head on

i put on all the timing gear

i put bearing blue on bottom of stud,

i then line up tensioner to where its best suited

i then drill and tap the M10x 1.5 thread

• 1 month later...

Started getting things together to get my dirty thirty project started. Funds are an issue for me so may take longer than u guys lol. But I don't wanna take short cuts so a bit longer without will be worth the wait. Picked up a complete rb30 out of an r31 couple weeks ago for a hundred bucks and a case. Planning on getting an engine stand soon and stripping it down. Then finding a r33 25 head as I want it built out of car to be slotted into daily when complete. So much info! Been reading for the past 2 weeks and printing shit off. Gerg, looking at bringing block, head and other bits and pieces down down to you if ur in Moorebank cause its around the corner from me. A while off though lol.