SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

New engine has just been tuned. I have a nice 300rwkw tune for pump fuel as thats plenty for the street. And a 475rwkw E85 tune at only 24psi as that seems the be the limit of my exhaust system.

It makes 180rwkw @ 4000 and 360rwkw by 4500 so things get fun pretty quick.

Just need a 4" system and a less restrictive muffler and should make more but this will do for now :thumbsup:

"Like"

New engine has just been tuned. I have a nice 300rwkw tune for pump fuel as thats plenty for the street. And a 475rwkw E85 tune at only 24psi as that seems the be the limit of my exhaust system.

It makes 180rwkw @ 4000 and 360rwkw by 4500 so things get fun pretty quick.

Just need a 4" system and a less restrictive muffler and should make more but this will do for now :thumbsup:

Impressive!

Has lack of drive in forward gears. Still has reverse and when tranbrake turned on still has reverse.

I wanted to give it a squirt before powercruise, tried a little powerskid and when it was loaded up in top gear it lost all drive. Trans temp was about 85deg

Still not sure what let go as I can be bothered with the car now.

• 1 month later...

I have no updates. But 3.0L related

Has anyone seen either a td06-20g or any other smallish turbo on a twincam 30? I have seen a few gt3076's done

Or if you had a choice the best super responsive circa 300rwkw turbo

I'm thinking I want 20+ psi at 3000 rpm and mega midrange

People with GT3076 on an RB25/30 seem to think they are ideal at around 300kw. Duncan has a smallish turbo on his RB30 Stagea (smallish and cheap - he's on his third I believe!).

Cheers been looking at a few of those results

Very close but not quite what I am after

Just look a little soft down low to me would like to see some 3076 twin scroll results but yet to come across any :(

Yeah I do have an update actually.

Blew the seals on the china turbo again while towing yesterday, I've reached my budget of 4 dead china turbos before moving to a proper BB core. I did put the cost of the expensive turbo off 3 years though.

In my case I think the main issue is that the china turbo is only oil cooled, and the turbo works damn hard while lugging a 2t car + 2.5t trailer.

No regrets, but it's time to move to something water cooled.

Andrew, I don't think you will get 20psi at 3000rpm to give you 300kw. Happy to be surprised though. The china turbo gave me 18psi @ 2500 for 250awkw max. I guess a good ball bearing core will come on boost a few hundred rpm sooner but that's all.

Cheers dunc, I should have added that I'm not scared of 30+psi on E85

So I'll probably have to look at one of these new fandangled Billet comp wheel things

but I also want heaps of boost down low.

So...has anyone seen any real results from either the PT5557's or teh smaller BW EFR things apart from workshop dyno numbers?