SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

hi guys, I have booked Mallala out on Tuesday June 22 Monday June 21st for a trackday and need to know if there is enough interest here for another Advanced Driving Trackday course.

It will be the same format as the event i organised last year (August 25) and similar to the FPV Drive Days run by the John Bowe Driving team several times a year. (photos from Page 16).

Please reply here or PM me or Heslo in the next few week so that we can gauge the feasibility of such an event.

This is a great opportunity to learn about car control and driving techniques on a circuit if you haven't been out at Mallala (or on a real racetrack) with your car before. If you want to learn more about being on the track before doing a High Performance Driving Course (the next one will be in November) but don't want to go all out (unrestricted) around Mallala then this is a good course to do first.

I'm sure that Heslo, nightcrawler, writeoff, Joshdc, Moodles2, Hostile, typevu, and Krishy amongst those that participated last year will recommend this course to everyone here on SAU as an essential driving experience.

If you did do the August trackday last year, then a High Performance Driving Course like the ones i ran last November and last month would be the next recommended step. semislickR32 and GUNR35 went to the recent March 22 trackday (photos here)

Thanks for your interest.

Confirmed

-----------

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't recommend this course enough! Anyone even semi interested in track work, I think this is for you. Hell, even those not looking to go racing on track would benefit. You learn some key things about braking and car control. Well worth the money

You have to be pretty serious about this guys. If Kim decides to run this, you can't flake out leaving him with no numbers to fill the spotrs

From memory it's about $425 for the day, food and drinks inclusive. This also provides you with one on one time with instructors. Great great course!

this is still an EOI thread but we're hoping to get enough numbers to make running the Advanced Course viable. we're also trying to keep the price at last year's $385 whereas the HP drive day has indeed gone up to $425 for the 2010 calendar year.

thanks for all the interest so far - keep registering your intent here! Luke and i will compile an initial list at the end of the week.

Im just wondering, my R32 will have its brakes and handling sorted, but engine wise it will be a dead stock RB25 - no extra cooling etc etc. Would this be a problem for the course?

Im just wondering, my R32 will have its brakes and handling sorted, but engine wise it will be a dead stock RB25 - no extra cooling etc etc. Would this be a problem for the course?

upgraded cooling won't be needed for this course (but is highly recommended for the HP Drive Day).

your brakes will get a good workout on this day as the guys who attended last year will attest to! i think the differences between R32/R33/Brembo/non Brembo brakes became evident during one of the training exercises :)

upgraded cooling won't be needed for this course (but is highly recommended for the HP Drive Day).

your brakes will get a good workout on this day as the guys who attended last year will attest to! i think the differences between R32/R33/Brembo/non Brembo brakes became evident during one of the training exercises :)

Most definately, it was very interesting

Good stuff. My brakes will be R33 GTST fronts with QFM pads, slotted rotors and braided lines.