SAU Community

Buzzing Noise

hey guys just got a hi-flow cat in my R34 (my piping is standard but it does have a cannon on the back) and now my car sounds like it has a freakin bee buzzin around in the exhaust :)

i hear that i should get a 8" cross flow resonator or somthing like that? would this part fix my buzzing problem! it really really really sounds disgusting my car now :(

also instead of making two threads ill ask another question here.. i just got my R34 converted from a tiptronic to a manual and im pretty unimpressed main reason being my revs take forever to climb like i mean seriously forever.. my fathers mazda 3's revs climb pretty much at the same pace... i know cause its an n/a bla bla bla but this is seriously slower than average, my question is how do i get em to go up faster (with mods) i can hear air gushing (almost as if theres a hole somewhere) right above my drivers seat and no its not from my vents could this be my problem?? also would extractors help a little bit in the response?

cheers

Edited by noely1

by the revs rising, you mean that it is slow to accelerate? or just if you sit there on the spot and rev it the revs increase slowly as well? if it is the second one, then i'd check the timing to see if it has been played around with.

also if you are using the auto ecu then it is probably running on the neutral maps as the gearboxes have a switch in them that tells the ecu whether you are in gear or not which can alter the mapping.

i mean that like i'll be trying to floor it and the car will be screamin its guts off prety much soundin like its goin real fast but the revs arent climbing high at all.. like its not at the point where it goes like a snail its just ive been in a lot of skyline non turbo's and ive never seen one climb this slow... but no i dont mean just sittin there and reving it i mean whilst moving.

and yes i am using the auto ecu after i converted it..

also in relation to my first question would a resonator help me wit that buzzing noise??

cheers for the response mate!

Edited by noely1

also took the car for a spin to pick up a friend like 5 mins away from me and in corelation to that air noise i spoke about.. when teh radio isnt on and i can really listen the noise that i described as air gushing out somewhere is really noticeable. sounds like a vacuum!! it sounds like its coming straight out from the drivers side vent (but its obviously not) as ive opened and closed teh vent etc and the noise is stil the same opened or closed.. i got a mate to listen from underneath cause the sound is only under acceleration and cant hear anything underneath...?

i had that crap buzzing aswell, mainly when i first turned the car on, took it to the mechanic and had needed a new bracket and changed the resonator and weld it back to the piping to fit, sounds nice now and no buzzing at all. cost about $350 for it.