Put Your Cars Away

dan_the_man

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im normally at subiaco tafe at the time of the storm. thankfully i had other stuff on so i couldn't make it. so very very lucky god was on my side that day.

did u guys see the guy on the motor bike getting :blink: on ch 7 news last night , what a machine

and the thornlie tree man is still in his tree

now would be a good time to go shopping 4 a car if u dont mind some dents and fixing the windows :P

My car tucked safe in the garage... Anyone catch the train during the storm? I got on nice and dry at Subiaco(just beat it to the station) then to my amusement watched everyone else get on at the next stations looking like drowned rats. :blink:

So very very lucky god was on my side that day.

If there is a God, I'm now a believer!

My house got struck by the hail with broken windows, satellite dish & water is leaking through the roof yesterday at 4, on that day I finished class at around 2 & I thought about leaving Curtin & going back home. If I had gone home then my car would have being 100% f**ked as my garage is full with crap) but then decided I better stay & do some work coz of this dam hard assignment that was due at the end of this week.

THANK GOD for that (& also a big thank you to the lecturer who gave me that really hard assignment which made me stay behind :blink: ), my car was left at Curtin car park & therefore undamaged.

I think my car & my dad's car were the only ones that are never garaged on our street that were undamaged. All the cars parked at Tuart College were pretty much f**ked with hail.

im sure hail damage is fully covered if u have full comp insurance but....

a customer came to our workshop for a quote on a rebuild for his engine as his delivery driver drove the car into a 1 meter deep puddle, 3rd cylinder dropped compression, most likely a bent con rod from the water, he had full comp insurance on it but they are only covering half the cost of the engine as it was partly (in my opinion 100%) the drivers fault for being stupid enough to drive into one.. lol there is no hail damage on the car though

i bet there are a few cars out there with bent con-rods since yesterday.. hmm good time to buy i think

Edited by snozzle

no hail for gozzy, got power back on around 8. the road in the front of my house was flooded. went out in my bro 4wd trying to find any fast food. went all the way to cannington, then all the way to armadale, armadale had power but never ended up getting food

I drove through a pretty long deep puddle other people were too scared of driving through (doing u-turns even 4wds lol). It wouldn't have reached the POD filter but sure would have got to the intercooler. Don't think any water got into the engine as I didn't notice any major differences when driving today. I assume it would be really noticeable if you bent a con-rod like running without a cylinder firing pretty much?

Mates lancer got hit with hail stones and he just recently took the natural disaster off his insurance to get a cheaper premium haha "There are never any natural disasters in perth..."

yes, what company are you with?
im with just cars -_- called them and they told me 1900 excess but no premium increase. good thing is its only got 5 big dents and 2 small ones.. i still dont wanna pay tho.. stupid insurance. i thought hail damage would be covered for free -_-