SAU Community

R33 Greddy Inlet Plenum Onto A Rb25det Neo

what u do with the plate thats over the part hwere the throttle motor normaly is

Attached is pic of the r33 and r34 throtle bodays an their matching TPS

Also a pic of the doggy spacer plate I made for the ACC valve

what u do with the plate thats over the part hwere the throttle motor normaly is

My car is a series 2 c34 stagea AWD, so it uses the neo motor and the neo throttle body, but has no traction control from factory so nissan blanked it off.

I had another look at the r34 acc valve. I think I can remake the plate but turn the aac valve 90deg so that air line points forward towards the throttle inlet pipe which will work well as it needs to be plumb in.

hey guys,

thats some interesting stuff thats been posted!.

sorry to hijack the post

Ive been searching on here and i have a similar problem more so related to the injector side of things and ecu whether anyone has come across this doing the injector swaps from high impedance to low impedance,

r34 ecu, loom and neo motor, im running nismo 740cc inj which are high impedance, please correct me if im wrong but is it just a matter of following a smilar method like using the rb20 with gtr injectors a resistor pack is needed to make up for the impedance difference can i apply the same method to my setup??? the nismo squirters are in a greddy copy plenum. any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

bill

A few pictures of my setup; Tps and throttle body both work nicely but not getting any values from the computer for the idle control valve yet.

gee doesn't make the engine look so much cleaner! and easier to get to stuff.

and why did nissan do it the other way to start with? less piping easier to maintain..

• 4 weeks later...

Have finally fitted the plenum but now the r33 throttle body hits the fuse box.

In the R34 and stagea the fuse box is bigger then in a r33.

Looking at different pleum options now

Maybe plazmaman or the jun copy from Thailand unless some has a better idea

Plan is to turn the throtle body 180 deg and remake a adaptor plate from 10mm to clear the fuse box

Just need to use a longer cable either r31/s13 or z32 and make a new mount on the opposite side of the plenum

we have had to do the same with the greddy plenum on 4dr skylines (r33 auto) as the fuse box is double the size and the battery is there too :(

From memory you can move the fuse box about an inch. i will chase up some pics of bennys car.

• 3 months later...

im in the process of doing this now. was just wondering what you guys have done with the coolant lines that run to the AAC. did you guys connect them back in so the AAC has a temp reading? or does it idle fine with out the coolant?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
updates??

All done and works well. The main points

1. remove the 2 aligning studs in the head as they are too long. replace with bolts

2. Make a plate for the r34 IAC to adapt to the inlet plenum. have the air line point forward to pull back into inlet piping

3. move fuse box 25mm closer to the side of the car to clear throttle body

4. use a series 2 r33 throttle body. Fit the r34 TPS. Rotate throtle body 180deg so the cable is on the engine side. weld a bracket to the inlet plenum to support cable.

5. cut vacuum metal pipe to power steer pump as it fouls the inlet plenum.

6. I replaced the injectors with 650cc siemens and a new fuel rail, so had to add new sard fuel reg. Fitted the R33/S15 grommets in the plenum for the injectors. approx $12 from nissan and keep the 14mm O ring as well as that makes the seal.

7. Made a 10/12mm adaptor plate for the throttle body as the greddy style adaptor is too long and stopped me using 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 90deg reducing bend. I did not want to relocate battery and cut a bigger hole thru inner skirt

post-14923-1278406594_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1278406635_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1278406673_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1278406716_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Is this true

can't put the R33 plenum on the RB25det NEO. as the inlet port shape is different so thats why you cant use R33 front facing plenum on a NEO

The ports are "similar" but very different in the injector integration area.

Now is that true as i have R33 front facing plenum on my R34 NEO motor.. been on there for 1year now

but never seen anything happen.. does anyone know ? just keen to know thats all..

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bit of a thread bump going on here but has anyone else successfully done this? I would just like as much info as possible before i go ahead and try it.

Seems like all that is needed is an adapter for R34 AAC/Idle valves, spacers (unsure on length) to space the standard neo fuel rail up.

This is the plenum i was looking at purchasing.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-RB25DET-R33-R34-Skyline-Greddy-Style-Intake-Manifold-Plenum-RB25-GTST-/321340318306?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad1602262&_uhb=1

• 1 month later...