SAU Community

R33 Skyline Polished Intake Manifold Plenum W/ Rb25det Throttle Body Adaptor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The throttle body cable I'm having problems with. Any tips, also I bought one of these plenums with 80mm throttle body if that changes anything.

Would like to note though that the throttle body has issues and won't close fully when throttle released, it stays open at about 30%. And a professional performance shop installed it to...

The throttle body cable I'm having problems with. Any tips, also I bought one of these plenums with 80mm throttle body if that changes anything.

Would like to note though that the throttle body has issues and won't close fully when throttle released, it stays open at about 30%. And a professional performance shop installed it to...

Hi,

The throttle cable should have enough slack - have you tried not using the bracket included with the adaptor?

In regards to the TB, is it not closing fully because the cable restricts it or does it get stuck? Also, do you have the 80mm TB with our logo etched on it or is the earlier version?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey brendan, do you know if these manifolds will fit a R32 RB25DE head? using this head with a RB30 bottom end with a phat turbo hanging off the side and how much is the complete kit (plus postage)with adaptor for standard TB (NOT polished) to 6056 please?

Hey brendan, do you know if these manifolds will fit a R32 RB25DE head? using this head with a RB30 bottom end with a phat turbo hanging off the side and how much is the complete kit (plus postage)with adaptor for standard TB (NOT polished) to 6056 please?

Hi,

These won't suit the RB20DE - sorry.

An entire kit to suit the R333 RB25DET in plain cast finish is $495 incl. delivery. This comes with the TB adaptor as well.

- Brendan

Hi,

These won't suit the RB20DE - sorry.

An entire kit to suit the R333 RB25DET in plain cast finish is $495 incl. delivery. This comes with the TB adaptor as well.

- Brendan

Brendan please re read my question above^^^ , will your Manifold fit a R32 RB25DE (head only, to go on a RB30 bottom end)? i know it wont fit a RB20DE, smaller ports etc to a 25DET

regards Steve

Brendan please re read my question above^^^ , will your Manifold fit a R32 RB25DE (head only, to go on a RB30 bottom end)? i know it wont fit a RB20DE, smaller ports etc to a 25DET

regards Steve

Sorry misread that question.

Same story with the RB25DE different bolt pattern from what I have been told to the Turbo version so it would not fit.

- Brendan

Sorry misread that question.

Same story with the RB25DE different bolt pattern from what I have been told to the Turbo version so it would not fit.

- Brendan

Have checked with my mate at nissan and he has sent me some pics of both 32 and 33 manifolds, the gasket on both have the same part # but as i have both motor types at home i will check/swap and see if there is any fitting issues and take it from there

Have checked with my mate at nissan and he has sent me some pics of both 32 and 33 manifolds, the gasket on both have the same part # but as i have both motor types at home i will check/swap and see if there is any fitting issues and take it from there

Hi,

If you can do that it would be great, as you are the second person that has told me that the gasket part numbers are the same for both so technically it should fit.

Please let me and everyone else know.

- Brendan

• 4 weeks later...

ive checked this with the engines i have at home, the RB25DE has far more common parts with the RB20DET than the RB25DET, ie top feed injectors, same stud pattern on the intake (albeit with slightly bigger ports on the DE) the RB25DET intake will NOT fit the RB25DE head . . .different bolt pattern- different size/shaped ports, only the water jackets line up! (can supply photos if you wish)Brendan- does your aftermarket manifold come with provisions for bolting up the idle air controls , brake booster vacuum port etc?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey mate just curious do you do these for the RB20DET aswell, got a motor coming for a track car would love a front facing manifold. Also does the wiring loom alow for the relocation of the throttle bodie? ie. TPS wiring length ect. Cheers. Nice looking manifolds btw ;)

Hey buddy,

You are about 1.5 months too early mate :D

We will be getting delivery of the same style plenum - front facing for the RB20DET in about 1.5-2 months time.

These plenums are a direct fit and will work with the original throttle body, not sure about loom will need to wait for it to come in.

- Brendan