SAU Community

Performance Chip

skyline_freak_r33

Hi guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNOPOWER-PERFORMAN...=item4144a3a9c4

i saw this performance chip on Ebay not long ago and had a read of it. It seemed to good to be true for its price..

What you reckon?? or has anyone tired it??Would it affect an N/A's performance once??

cheers

DONT

BOTHER

110% agreed, dont waste your time and money

do what 99.9% of everyone else does, and that is to go and get your car tuned, by a professional, to take in account every nuance of your own particular cars features and limitations

it'll be safer (for your engine), more powerful, and better for the environment (and your long term petrol costs)

If you're up north, road and track dyno, morpowa, willall and horsepower in a box are available

if you're down south, southern hitech dyno, turbotune, graham west can all do the same job

I prefer road and track and southern hitech cause I know both of the guys there but call around and see which one can fit your expectations the best

-D

AS IF IT DOESNT WORK! i bought one of those chips and put it in my car and it made it HEAPSSS QUICKER! it looks like a scam but its not it fully works!

never said it didnt >work<

it just doesnt work >well<

Unless of course you're running 100% stock components, in which case its probably not too bad - but who has 100% stock everything? Just about every car that comes into the country has aftermarket induction and exhaust

-D

ahaha i was just bull shitting... as if you fkn buy that piece of shit chip LOL looking at the add looks dodgey already ahaha

f**ks sake kiet

i know you're a dickhead

but misleading a guy whos asking an honest question is the mark of a dog f**king son of a bitch

pardon the f**king french, but you're an irredemable wanker

-D

Yeah stay away from them, like ben said better off getting your car tuned properly. Every car has slightly different parameters, therefore no one "Magic Chip" can be classed as a reliable form of tune upgrade.

f**ks sake kiet

i know you're a dickhead

but misleading a guy whos asking an honest question is the mark of a dog f**king son of a bitch

-D

bite me :)

that isn't a chip as such, it's just a resistor to play with the AFM signal and lean out the mixtures. And since our cars were actually tuned for 100RON jap fuel which we don't have, so we are stretching our mixtures already on the 40 degree Australian summer days. Another thing that points to it not being a chip is that they sell them from R33's which are fairly unchipable (well for under $800-1000 anyway).

Edited by D_Stirls

^^ hahaha the only person in the thread to actually read what it is

its a cheap knock off of a fuel cut defender lean you car = more power then bang

so in short YES it will work but is it really worth it ..... prolly not

f**ks sake kiet

i know you're a dickhead

-D

If someones got to open a thread to ask a question whether an eBay chip works or not... then may god help us all. :)

Skyline ECUs are fairly efficient at making power (a touch on the rich side). But it's a N/A engine with turbocharger-like compression, unfortunately all you can do is supporting mods, high flow panel filter, exhaust, cold air intake etc for small gains. unfortunately you can't just magically pull power out of your hat, unless you go forced-induction.

I've looked into these magic chips in the past when I owned a commodore, I concluded they are just resistors to make the engine think it's running colder than it actually is, permanently making your engine run alot hotter than it was designed for.

• 1 year later...