Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

o0o0o0o0o0oo nice :blink:

i'll be giving you a call soon buddy :D

you take out all the parts yourself ?

Call me! Call me!

Lol, I might be doing some wrapping during the night at the GOR cruise xD

Primer? What are you using the primer for, Charles?

It's the 3M primer 94? I use it for low energy surfaces like some plastic. What it is, is like a adhesive promotor, just makes the vinyl stick better and stronger.

I only really use on really difficult curves. On most flat surfaces, you won't need it.

Same way you gotta do 'em on R34 sedans .. I been pondering giving my other car - N14 SSS - the same treatment...

It is such a pain in the ass lol, first R34 sedan, it took me like 3.5hrs lol.

Had to tuck the vinyl behind all the seals, but the finish was awesome, can't see ANY edges :blink:

... i reckon that's where I was going wrong on the really tight curves then - things just wouldnt adhere, or they'd adhere - and then a few days after wrapping it, it would just come off. The adhesive, when was working seemed really week to be honest - have to wrap almost immediately after taking the backing off or it quickly lost its sticking-power.

Either way, I think I'll get you (Charles89) to handle some of my more tricky parts (lots of curves) ... I've wasted so much material trying so far :P

I actually did these in-situ because my pillar trims are non-detachable... :P

Not too hard, just fiddly...

ah ok, i just picked up a n15 sss in blue also, might just do the cluster surround for now.

but like you, it could get addictive, must hold back.

... i reckon that's where I was going wrong on the really tight curves then - things just wouldnt adhere, or they'd adhere - and then a few days after wrapping it, it would just come off. The adhesive, when was working seemed really week to be honest - have to wrap almost immediately after taking the backing off or it quickly lost its sticking-power.

Either way, I think I'll get you (Charles89) to handle some of my more tricky parts (lots of curves) ... I've wasted so much material trying so far :P

Well if it peels back after being heated in the car, then it means you stretched it a little too much.

But even though sometimes the primer isn't enough.... so if you want the job to stick perminately, then superglue is the answer....

I think people will just have to accept the fact that some low energy level surfaces with really difficult curves just cannot be wrapped without the use of superglue lol.

ah ok, i just picked up a n15 sss in blue also, might just do the cluster surround for now.

but like you, it could get addictive, must hold back.

Haha yeah man.

If my younger brother has his way, I'll have to wrap his B Pillars on his N15 as well. It took me about 1 and a half hours to do both sides (2 on each side) and that's with the weave lining up and prepping...

Not hard if you have the patience. :D

Chris

Just bought some of charles tonight! although i didnt actually meet him, he was a pleasure to deal with, he even msged me later on to see if everything was alright and gave me some tips... probably the first person ive seen thats one of the first people to be on to something like this, but not keep all the tricks to himself and just charge people to do it for them! top bloke!

Just bought some of charles tonight! although i didnt actually meet him, he was a pleasure to deal with, he even msged me later on to see if everything was alright and gave me some tips... probably the first person ive seen thats one of the first people to be on to something like this, but not keep all the tricks to himself and just charge people to do it for them! top bloke!

Thanks for the kind words mate :(

Feel free to sms me if you have any questions and hope to actually meet you next time :)

I've recently sprayed my intercooler piping with some heatproof matte black, it looked awesome at the start, but after a while, I started getting stone chips all over the place :(

So since I had a little free time today, I thought I'd give it a go wrapping the pipe, here's some pics :)

img0168copy.jpg

img0169copy.jpg

img0170copy.jpg

img0174copy.jpg

img0175copy.jpg

img0176copy.jpg

img0177copy.jpg

I know some people will be wondering if this will hold against the heat of the engine and all. Well I'll be going on a LONG cruise tomorrow, probably covering 500-600km, so I'll keep you guys updated after the weekend :(

Hahaha xD Nice remote :D

Just an updated of my cooler pipe, after driving down the Great Ocean Road and 550km of driving, the vinyl looks just like first the day I applied it.

Even after flying through the roads at high speed, there was not even a stone chip, no stones could penatrate the tough vinyl.

So overall, I'm very happy with the way it turned out and seems like it will be there to stay :)

The material is perfect for stone chips as I have used it on a few Westfield Open Wheelers, great for the rear guards and other parts on the vehicle that are always being repainted due to stone chips.

Also some other things I have done this weekend are attached, did an R33 roof and boot this week and forgot to take bloody photos.

post-5805-1271593606_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1271593643_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1271593685_thumb.jpg

Any progress on the 34 GTT tripple gauges yet Charles?

I've tried it again a couple of weeks back, but still couldn't do it to my standards yet lol, so maybe 1 or 2 more tries :S

The material is perfect for stone chips as I have used it on a few Westfield Open Wheelers, great for the rear guards and other parts on the vehicle that are always being repainted due to stone chips.

Also some other things I have done this weekend are attached, did an R33 roof and boot this week and forgot to take bloody photos.

hey man, wherd you get that R33 RC shell?