SAU Community

R34 Head Unit (head Unit Size

r34japcars

hi im wondering

what is the perfect size head unit to fit in the gap there ? thanks

Double DIN , sometimes you might need a little fiddling or filing to trim it right , or slot the screw holes on the cage that holds the radio but most bolt up without drama.

or Single din with pocket below or ?

just dont use long screws or bye bye radio when you plug it in. try to use the ones they give you or factory ones worse case. just use care!!!!

or call a pro ?

Yea double DIN or single DIN with a pocket under it.

Haha i actually had a customer come in that had attempted his own install and used like 30mm wood screws to mount the headunit to the brakets lol and he wonderd why it wouldnt take a CD and why it made funny noises, 6 or 8mm mounting screws MAX lol.

The 34 dash should not need any modification at all to fit a unit, Unless you buy one of the cheapie ebay double din screens haha.

Yea double DIN or single DIN with a pocket under it.

Haha i actually had a customer come in that had attempted his own install and used like 30mm wood screws to mount the headunit to the brakets lol and he wonderd why it wouldnt take a CD and why it made funny noises, 6 or 8mm mounting screws MAX lol.

The 34 dash should not need any modification at all to fit a unit, Unless you buy one of the cheapie ebay double din screens haha.

UNLESS the car is a GTV version with navi. then the dash will need work to fit something else.

UNLESS the car is a GTV version with navi. then the dash will need work to fit something else.

Yes but this guys isnt. I was refuring to his not needing any modification. And seems his already has an aftermarket unit in there he should just be able to follow whats already been done.

Yes but this guys isnt. I was refuring to his not needing any modification. And seems his already has an aftermarket unit in there he should just be able to follow whats already been done.

sorry i used that picture as a guide and also

my car had the sat nav in it

the radio is installed and working but im waiting for the panels to go around the sterio to come in im just wondering can i use the brackets that was holding the old system together to input the air control unit and cd player below the vents

thanks

sorry i used that picture as a guide and also

my car had the sat nav in it

the radio is installed and working but im waiting for the panels to go around the sterio to come in im just wondering can i use the brackets that was holding the old system together to input the air control unit and cd player below the vents

thanks

mine had it also, and yes it will bolt up ok

the gap should be filled with trim ring off radio ? if doubeldin

or pocket etc it not.

mine is remolded/ retrimmed in carbon fibre now